Hardtail Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtail Kelly?

The KE2T was only made for one year. 2001, I think. Two years tops. TOM string-through, body binding, no bevels on the edges, and quilted maple tops (instead of the usual flamed) on transparents.

A killer set-up, to be sure. ...But it needed a Floyd. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Hardtail Kelly?

Wasn't there a KE1T for a short time, as well? With a tune-o-matic instead of the Kahler APM?
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Originally posted by KE:
      Wasn't there a KE1T for a short time, as well? With a tune-o-matic instead of the Kahler APM?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, same specs as the KE2T, but only one humbucker, of course.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

String thru KE2 with EMGs and diamond plate at drumcityguitarland.com

Comment

How much are the KE2Ts going for?

Comment

Hardtail Kelly?

Is there (or has there ever been) a production model Kelly with no Floyd Rose?

Comment

Yes. Matt at OnlineStageGear had a few a month or two back.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I think that would be awesome. I love the look of Kellys, and I actually prefer hardtails (or tune-o-matics) over Roses.

Comment

The KE1 Marty Friedman signature model has a Kahler APM3100 bridge(i think that's what it's called). It is a hardtail bridge with fine tuners.

Another option is to get the KE2T, which is identical in specs to the KE2 but with a string-thru bridge and body binding(???)

Comment

That sounds sweet. I'll have to look around and see if I can dig anything up. Does anyone have pics? Or own one?

Comment

There are some Japanese models out there with TOM/stoptails, but I believe they're for the Japanese market only. Though, a few do make it over here to the U.S. One was on ebay not too long ago for cheap, and I don't think it sold. I think it was a Jackson Stars model or a Grover Jackson model.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

KE2T's are discontinued. Matt at OSG had one or two at $1199.

I have one of those ultra rare KE1T's which I'd be willing to trade for a KE2Ts because, unlike many, I like having a neck pickup.

Comment

Yes! That guitar is exactly what I'm talking about (although I would like a neck pup, too). What pickup is in the bridge of yours?

Comment

JB, what else!

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Dude, you rule! Duncans reign... I wouldn't put anything else in my axe. You have really good taste. Incidentally, I'd step over my own mother for that guitar. It's really simple, but I bet it ****ing cranks.

Comment

Working...
                              X