Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and First Jackson

Hey gang:

With extra thanks to Matt at OSG, I just bagged my first Jackson (took us a coupla tries, though, eh Matt?? ha ha). I feel like I've been planning this for years -- I started saving before the Warrior was even part of the USA Select lineup!

As I'm mindlessly pacing and awaiting my new weapon of mass deSHREDtion, I'm envisioning nothing more than blasting out the opening movement of Helstar's "Perseverance and Desperation" on that sweet ebony board. This got me thinking ...

... what was the first tune YOU cranked out on YOUR first Jackson? (Thought we'd have some fun with this.)

Looking forward to many future posts!

--jr
    「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Re: Introduction and First Jackson

"I Woke Up In Love This Morning", by The Partridge Family. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new axe. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I really don't remember what the first song I played on my first Jackson was. Maybe the begining to Angel of Death? Iron Man? Raining Blood? I was just a beginner back then, and those were my first few songs I learned.

Comment

mr crowley when i got my ltd rhoads.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

hmmm.... Probably Living Colour's Type or Leave It Alone. Those are two of my "trying out guitars" chooons. Or maybe Crazy Train.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers, because there was a mag in the case that had that song in there...(thanks yoga!)

Comment

trust by megadeth. I was young...

Comment

Probably Fade to Black or Seek & Destroy. This was 1987 after all! ('84 Rhoads Student).
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

probably 4 horsemen. soemthing metallicish. It's all I knew for a while.

Comment

Well I think the first song I played on the very first Jackson I played (DR6) was Metallica's Fade to black. When my first very own Jackson (SL2) comes in, I'm sure it'll be fade to black [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

Comment

Hellz yeah! Those are some _righteous_ tunes (especially "Woke up in Love!"). Thanks for the welcome and responses -- hopefully, once the axe comes in, I'll be able to contribute usefully to the forum.

Thanks again,

--jr
                      「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

Welcome aboard Johnny [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ,I think it was Ratt "lay it down",but that was a long time ago & the brain cells aren't what they used to be [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !!Chucksplatter

Comment

"The Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden on my KE2. definitely something metal.

Comment

Probably Seek and Destroy, maybe The Four Horseman. Definitely some Metallica from Kill em All.

Comment

I can tell you exactly what I played when I bought my first Jackson back in 1986 (Wine red USA Soloist).

There were 4 songs I played in the store:

Round & Round and I'm Insane by Ratt
                              I Don't Know by Ozzy/Randy
                              and an original I had back then called Black Widow.

Actually I traded a Charvel model 3 and a BC Rich Virgin plus some cash for it too.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                              X