Big goofy review of my new WR-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big goofy review of my new WR-1

That's cool, as long as it sounds and plays well! Most likely all guitars get some kind of dent or chip or something eventually, but I'd prefer to do that on my own instead of getting something brand new like that, that should be perfect.

As for the pickups, I've heard great things about the Full Shred, but I've never tried one. I'm sure it would be a perfect neck pickup for me, as I like brighter neck pups. The Warriors I've tried were older USA and Professional models with the slanted fingerboards and H/S pup routing. The Invaders were awesome, as I put two of them in my old Kelly... talk about drive and bass punch! If you keep the Invader a little bit lower in the body, it won't overdrive your amp as much and will bring more of the guitar's natural tone out without as much of the high gain resonating overtones.

[ October 08, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds cool, an unfinished neck eh? How does that play, what is it finished in, Oil??

I REALLY want a USA JAckson with a oiled neck from the factory.

Ill trade ya my SL1 for it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

RemCarr: Awww man ... YOU got one of the Blood Drip ones!!! Tee hee. I tried to snag one a day late, I guess. Nuts! Knock down a few arena walls with that baby for me!

Jacksonwolf: Snakeskin! Too friggin' cool. When I placed my order I was so torn between Snakeskin and Yellow Bengal ... went with Bengal 'cause I had never seen it done before. (That order was eventually dropped by Jackson, so I wound up with the GMG one.) You've got a beautiful axe there, bro!

Gemini: The neck is "oil" finished, having a slightly sealed, satin feel to it. Very similar to the backs of current Fenders or JEMs. A little 0000 steel wool (or about two years of serious play) takes off some of the "plastic-y" feeling, if you're a real stickler for having raw wood in your hands (I am).

While not the ultimate out-of-the-box raw neck finish, to me it's light years beyond having a laquered/clearcoat neck and honestly feels fantastic. (Sorry ... no trade for the Soloist (tee hee), but if you're ever in New Haven, the Warrior's yours for a test-drive!)

I'm sorry to hear that Jackson's quality could be better ... it's just a shame because this guitar is PERFECT in every other way. Ah, well! It was meant to be played and not inspected.

--jr
        「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

Working...
        X