Help me out on these guitars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out on these guitars!

I have a pretty stupid question that you guys might be able to answer. If I were going to buy a jackson, how would I know what to buy. There are so many to choose from, where do you start. What makes a $1500.00 dollar guitar so much better than a $500.00 dollar one. I was looking in to buying one in a few month and just need some suggestions on some good, but somewhat affordable jacksons.
    thanks [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Help me out on these guitars!

Well thats all in the budget of what you have to spend. But as far as differances go. The 500 dollar ones would be bolt on, Japanese made, some with graphics some with flame tops. Duncan designed pups, and a Lisenced Floyd.
    The 1500 dollar one would be neck thru with ebont board and real pearl inlays Real floyd, and real Duncans, Plus a wider range of finishes.
    For the inexpensive and kickass JAckson I would go for a DK2. Less than 500 with graphic and you can always swap out the pups later. And replace the trem with a Real Floyd Pro when money is right.
    Gil

Comment

Or scout Ebay and pick up 2 used USA or older Professional series (Japanese-made, 1990-1994) models for $1500 total [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, stop telling everyone all the secrets!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Anything that says Professional is Japanese, and a lot of Jacksons had that written on the headstock. That guitar is some kind of Dinky Reverse, maybe an older DR3.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
            The 1500 dollar one would be neck thru with ebont board and real pearl inlays
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The DK-1 is USA made, but it's not a neck-thru. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Same with the PC1 which is also USA made, but doesn't seem quite as popular as the USA Select Series for some reason. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

what do you guys think of the japanese reverse dinky guitars..have any of you ever played one. Let me know how they rate. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Purdy... A DR3...
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Can one of you guys tell me what model this jackson is that is on this ebay url. It says it's a professional series, but is that the actual model name?jackson guitar on ebay

Comment

Personally, I like to buy junkers, and nurse them back to health. Of course, if I had more money I would definitely have to buy myself a top notch custom USA Warrior or Death Angel or something. IMHO you pay more money mostly for cosmetics. My $150 Charvette plays just as nice as my Soloist.(actually better to be honest)
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

cant go wrong with a DK2. or even a DKMG. that's what i like about Jackson. but seriously, its saving the money or if you have the money go right for it for a USA made Jackson. especially a King V or a Kelly. I cant justify the prices of other guitar manufacturers, but the price on these beauties will justify the enjoyment you get out of them. well that's my 2 cents. i'm no expert or anything hehehehe

Comment

The dinky reverses a very nice players. I have 2 jap ones both DR5s.One is a 94 one a 95,they are light weight and have a nice high quality trem and thin fast necks.The pickups sound quite good for factory pickups.Remember back then stock pickups screamed and truth be known were most likely made by duncan.Great guitars for the money.Any one of the professional series jacksons are high quality IMO.These guitars are balanced so well they are the only ones I sling around the neck while playing.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                            The pickups sound quite good for factory pickups.Remember back then stock pickups screamed and truth be known were most likely made by duncan.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What do you mean most likely made by Duncan? If they're Jackson-logoed pickups, they were made in house by Jackson and only Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                            X