Short review of my new KE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short review of my new KE2

well, it took awhile, but i got my new KE2.

first let me explain my namesake. yes my namesake says that i am experienced with the USA Kelly and the USA King V. i have played them at my buddy Amano and Tim's houses but i have never actually owned one (a KE2) until now. i eventually won a KV2 for myself on ebay but its with my sister in america. i will give a review when i get it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

well, it feels good to finally get one, obviously [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but it took a long while to get it. no not because i had to save up for it. well actually i did. but that's not what took so long. it took really long because i live in teh philippines. and there are no Jackson dealers here that i know of. i used to live in NJ until march, and i tried out a KE2 at Paramus Guitar Center. my last request to my sister, who is still in NJ, was when i get the money, to buy it for me, and hold on to it until a situation comes when she can send it to me. because customs people here are quite a handful. so when my mom had to go there to take care of some business, my mom took it back with her.

(excuse the followin obvious facts [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )
    first off, the KE2 is of the C group of colors, that being the Transparent group. its a Transparent Black and really beautiful. that being said, it has beautiful shiny chrome hardware. a very nice original Floyd Rose. the first guitar i have with such a bridge. i have had ones with licensed, but none with a OFR.

the bad thing is. the guys forgot to give me the damn whammy bar. there goes my chance to enjoy harmonics and dive bombing!!! if anyone can help me out with this, pls email me. i need a chrome OFR whammy bar desperately.

only obvious errors i can spot with this are two nicks. but they are on the back/bottom of the guitar so its no biggie. they are on the upper left and upper right corners. but the salesman immediately told me about it, so i didnt feel cheated. and not only that. he gave me a $150 discount. price at guitar center was $1399. so i got it for $1250 with NJ 6.25% sales tax. but my parents were kind enough to pay for the case.

the sound is great. which is the most important imo. neck-thru construction pays off. this is the first neck-thru guitar i have owned and the price was well worth it. and the Seymour Duncans are great. forgive my lack of better terms, but the TB4 bridge pickup gives me that good "hot", "dirty" and just plain "noisy" rock/metal sound i need. so i usually keep it in that position. once in awhile i put it in the neck's SH2N pup but for clean stuff mostly. and in the middle position they sound great together. only complaint i would make as far as the pickups go is that with the TB4, if its at maximum volume it gives off too much "hammer on feed back" (as i call it) if you're not too precise with your picking.

speaking of which, let me get to the fingerboard. this is another first for me, first guitar i have that has a ebony board. and the sound that results is much better. i dont know all those terms like "warm" "bright" etc. but its just better than the Strats i have that are made of rosewood. not to mention that hammer ons come more naturally. the mother of pearl inlays make a great complement. shiny and beautiful, nuff said. same goes for the Jackson logo on the head. the Jackson logo is beautiful in itself, so its just appropriate that it be given the mother of pearl treatment too, in my view.

last, but not least the shape of the body. the Kelly shape is the most beautiful of all guitar bodies in existence imo, which is 50% of the reason that led me to buy this. as all you Kelly owners know, a Kelly looks really big in pictures, but is really comfortable when you sit down and play with it. and that angled offset actually is a good rest for your arm!! what comfort!! Charvel750 made a good comment when he said to me "its like a Dinky Explorer!" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] coupled with all the things i said above, i got a really great looking guitar with a great sound and parts to match.

only thing i hate now, is that all my friends keep asking me if i bought this guitar coz i like marty friedman. no, no and no. i dont like marty friedman, i am ashamed that he is a Kelly user. or was. (btw, my favorite Megadeth album is Peace Sells...Rust in peace is overrated...omg i expect flammage for that!!) that's the only thing i hate about the Kelly. otherwise i love it. i would even put it above a Les Paul, uuumm ok i expect big flammage for that too hahaaha. and yes, it is a pre-Fender. the serial number is U-08481.

overall, a 9.9 out of 10.

[ October 11, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: KE2KV2Rules ]

Re: Short review of my new KE2

And here is Raoul's Kelly, in all its glory!

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wow, the transparent colors are really beautiful! Congratulations on the guitar, and I'm not going to flame you for not liking Friedman, or saying it's above a Les Paul - it's your opinion, I'm glad you like it so much, and I'm glad you finally got the guitar with customs being as problematic as they are. Enjoy it! And where did you take the picture...the scenery looks nice, with the little pond/lake and the fountain!

Cheers,
      Nick

Comment

Pic was taken "In the Garden of Eden, baby." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Iron Butterfly is a cool band. "In the Garden of Eden, baby, don't you know that I love you, In the Garden of Eden, honey, don't you know that I'll always be true!" *hums riff* (do do do do : do do do do : do de de do : de dooddly do do : bomp, bomp, ba na na, daaa daaa daaa daaa daaa

Yeeessss!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Cheers,
          Nick

Yay, I think I remembered more! "Why don't you come with me, and take my hand, why don't you come with me, and walk this land, please take my hand!!!"

Kickin'...

[ October 11, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Misanthrope189 ]

Comment

I thought it was "In A Gadda Da Vida" or something like that, not "In The Garden Of Eden". [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It's supposedly one of the most misheard set of lyrics of all time.

Welcome to the Jackson Kelly club! Trans black... so beautiful!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn! You're right! You know, I was singing in the garden of eden, because on the Simpsons, Bart copies the song, and titles it "In the Garden of Eden" by I. Ron. Butterfly as the hymn song for church. So I guess to sing "In the Garden of Eden" was somewhat natural sounding. Sorry for the slip up!

Cheers,
              Nick

[ October 11, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Misanthrope189 ]

Comment

Very nice guitar man, hope you enjoy it. I've always liked explorers and explorer shaped guitars. Maybe someday I'll get me a Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by KE2KV2Rules:
                  same goes for the Jackson logo on the head. the Jackson logo is beautiful in itself, so its just appropriate that it be given the mother of pearl treatment too, in my view.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, the logo inlay is awesome! I only have one USA Jackson that has that (my SL2H), and it really is quite striking! One of the perks of having a USA Select. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Daaaaaaaaamn that guitar is SO nice [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

the garden ain't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by KE2KV2Rules:

the bad thing is. the guys forgot to give me the damn whammy bar. there goes my chance to enjoy harmonics and dive bombing!!! if anyone can help me out with this, pls email me. i need a chrome OFR whammy bar desperately.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Drop me a Email i have one you can have for FREE

Chuck
                      @
                      [email protected]

Comment

nice one. congrats

Comment

*dies*

I want a KE2 too!!!! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! : [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome axe man, I don't like Marty Friedman either. Peace Sells is where it is at, Poland rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                              I thought it was "In A Gadda Da Vida" or something like that, not "In The Garden Of Eden". [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It's supposedly one of the most misheard set of lyrics of all time.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida/In the Garden of Eden is the same thing. (say it slowly a few times and you'll get it.) according to IB, the title was just a joke, sort of a "drunken slur".

Comment

Working...
                              X