The RR2? was it USA Made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RR2? was it USA Made?

Did they ever make an RR2? i saw one on ebay that claims to be an RR2. i wondered the question myself. coz i know there's a RR1, an RR1T, an RR5 and an RR3. oh and that weird X model. but i was wondering about a 4 and a 2. if this thing on ebay really is a 2, whats so different about it? if this isnt a USA Model, pls reply, close the thread and move it into "Import Jacksons." Thank you. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: The RR2? was it USA Made?

RR2 was USA a made bolt-on without inlays. The RR4 is now the RR5 (I believe).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have an RR2, so here's the dirt on it. It's sort of a compromise between an RR1 and RR3. Bolt-on neck, blank ebony board, JT580LP trem, Armstrong pickups. I picked up a NOS blue RR2 at half price, marked down from $800 to $400 at Guitar Center. It had hung on the wall for 4+ years, and I think I was the only person to play it in all that time. I already had a blue DR2 from the same line and really dug it, so I thought I'd get the matching RR2.

If there are any problems with the JT580LP or the pickups, I've never experienced them. The trem hasn't given me any trouble at all in terms of stability or durability, although I found that the trem route was too shallow for pulling back very far. The Armstrong pickups are some of the most wicked I've found for playing metal, but don't bother trying to get a clean sparkle from them.
      sigpic

Comment

Didn't the RR2 also have black binding on the neck and headstock, or at least just the neck?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No binding on the rr2
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

That RR2 has been on Ebay 4EVA!!!...it won't go away!!...Don't know how much that guy is paying in listing fees over and over, but it sure won't help when he finally sells it and works out he's spent $600 selling it!!... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X