Custom shop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop question

I know this has been asked many, many times - so I apologize up front. When a custom shop is ordered, what is the going rate for the quote ? In other words, should I expect to pay 60%, 66%, 75 % of the actual quote ?

Re: Custom shop question

Somewhere in that range. It all depends on the dealer you place your order through. I've heard it's in the neighborhood of 65%, though.

Comment

Indeed this is true.

It depends on the dealer.
      We basically only charge 50%upfront.. but others will want more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by vwall guitars:
        Indeed this is true.

It depends on the dealer.
        We basically only charge 50%upfront.. but others will want more or less.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe he's asking how much of a discount off the custom order's list price can he expect. Not how much of an upfront deposit is required to place the order.

Comment

Ah!!
          thanks Shreddermon!

I feel stoopod [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Well, indeed it will depend on who you order from....

I dont hink its fair to openly advertise custom sho porder prices as they all vary from spec to finish.

Best suggestion is to find 2-3 dealers you are comfertable with and email the custom order form to them for a quote.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone, I am doing just that - contacting several dealers. I was just trying to get a " ballpark " percentage of the actual quote.

Comment

This is what I have heard from a few people, mixed in with other opinions....

Take the quote, cut it in half (that is what the dealer pays). And the mark up is between 15 and 30%.

Comment

take the list and cut it in half, then add about 300 to 500 to it and that should be your price, depending on your dealer

Comment

Working...
                X