No announcement yet.

Question about KV2 and KE2 strings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about KV2 and KE2 strings....

what are the default strings for a KV2 and a KE2? in Jackson's website all it says are "NPS" XL gauges .09 to .42. i've never heard of "NPS."

otherwise, what do you use for your USA Jacksons? what do you recommend? thanks.

Re: Question about KV2 and KE2 strings....

I'm pretty sure that all USA Jackson ship with 9-42 gauge strings, with the exception of Phil Collen models with 10-46. I'm fairly certain that 'NPS' is 'nickel plated steel,' but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I use Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (11-48) on my git'tars.

Comment

Yup - Nickel Plated Steel.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

what's the best brand of strings to use? right now the only spares i have are Fender Super 250 .08 to .38 and Ernie Ball slinkies .09 to .42. i know they sell D'Dario (how do you spell that?), Ernie Ball and Fender among others here in my country luckily though....someone once said that Ernies suck on Floyd Rose axes. is that true?

[ October 17, 2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: KE2KV2Rules ]

Comment

I've used probably every brand on the market (like most guys here), and I've been pretty happy with EBs and to a slightly lesser extent GHS Boomers. Try out a few different sets and see what you like. It's all preference.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyApollo:
            I'm pretty sure that all USA Jackson ship with 9-42 gauge strings, with the exception of Phil Collen models with 10-46.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the PC models are 10-52, I believe.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X