1986 San Dimas #1268 is here {pics}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1986 San Dimas #1268 is here {pics}

I just pulled out my 86 Hamer Chapparal Custom, and the orig. black Floyd on that is the same thickness as this one...

Comment

Comment

Great guitar

If my info is correct, work order would be in the 7xxx range for 86 San Dimas

I did not think that control cavity went that high in the work orders...

[ October 25, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: 83SanDimas ]
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Here is the Floyd on my '86 Soloist. It is definately thinner than my later Floyd.

[ October 25, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

The older Floyds are about .130" , the newer Floyds are .141" . At least that is what mine measure with the micrometer.

Comment

I'd have to agree, that work order number seems awfully high for a late 86. I know serial/workorder numbers are never the same, but even my custom one hum with a completion date of 3-5-87 has a WO of 5200.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Graphic:
                Here's a close-up...
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That looks just like my Chrome trem w/screw in bar from my early 87, no problems there.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Robert Wittes site describes "(work order) Number 8092 - Jackson Custom Bolt-On Strat (serial #)1339 - November 86 - shipped november 86 (Custom Grafic !)".

Comment

Jim, I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to come up with a legitimate mate to this guitar to dispel the serial #/work order opinion. Thanks for your diligence! After having dis-assembled/re-assembled it, I had/have no doubt it is authentic & correct. It's quite a nice guitar...in spite of being red!

[ October 25, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Graphic ]

Comment

Mr Graphic, my intent was not to dis-credit your guitar, rather find more info regarding what it is or isn't. You seem to have taken it a little personally, and for that I apologize.

The only reason I spoke up now was I had some doubts, and if this would have shown up in the classifieds, I would have had to call foul there and that REALLY ain't cool.

I haven't persued Roberts site that deeply, I was only going personal expirence gleaned from the dozens I have owned.

As it turned out, I learned some new things, as did others, and we all came out a little more knowledgable.

Bottom Line: Killer Guitar, and likely all original (other than the pickup, but who cares?)!

Comment

Isn't figuring this stuff out one of the best features of the forum? We all are learning (I am learning here more than most) which makes this a positve place.

Comment

Chuck, I absolutely took no offense to anything you said. Don't fret! Out of skepticism comes discussion, then knowledge. This forum is THE place to get to the bottom of things {no pun intended!}.

Comment

dbl. post

[ October 25, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Graphic ]

Comment

Cool beans! I was reading too much into things and assuming...well, ain't the first time I've done that!

Comment

I'm with Chuckracer. Could it be a Charvel import body? Yeah, I think it's an import with San Dimas goodies. They are no doubt fake too.

My offer of $499 still stands. I may be able to do something with it. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X