SLATQ, SLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQ, SLS

I'm a newbie and was wondering what everyone thought of the SLATQ and SLS guitars? I actually played a SLATQ at Drum City Guitarland, and man did it feel nice. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] The SLS draws me because of the 3-on-a-side headstock [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] The only drawbacks I see, and it's not that big of a deal...their only 22 fret guitars. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Just wondering what anyone else thought. This forum is great!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: SLATQ, SLS

Yep I went with a SL2 because I didnt want an archtop guitar right now, and i've never had a 24 fret guitar and that was a must. The OFR I could've done w/o but I might as well learn how to use it.

Comment

I'm more of a fan of graphics on my Jacksons. I'm into the Rhoads mostly. However, my good friend Remcarr and I tried out a SLATQH at a local store and those things are great! The SLATQH is high quality all the way.

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have a pair of SLATQH's with consecutive serial numbers and they rule. The tops are unbelievable, and the playability and tone are some of the best I have in my collection. For $1700 or so, you cannot find a better guitar. Screw PRS.

Brett

http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/BColeman.htm

[ October 24, 2003, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: brett8388 ]

Comment

I've not played those, but I think the import SLSMG is really cool with the 3+3 headstock, archtop, 24 frets, binding and pirahna inlays! The body is really thin, though, and reminds me of the Jackson Stealth or Ibanez Sabre/S series.

[ October 24, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I played an SLSMG last weekend for the first time, and I agree with Toejam...the body reminded me of an Ibanez S series guitar. But the heel sculpt was awesome, and the neck felt a little bit bigger than normal, making it more comfortable for me. While it was really nice, I'm not really a huge fan of the cosmetics of that guitar.

Comment

I played a dark reddish burst SLSMG today at a store. The body felt almost exactly like that of my Stealth. I like the string thru bridge and overall it was a very light guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy:
                I played a dark reddish burst SLSMG today at a store. The body felt almost exactly like that of my Stealth. I like the string thru bridge and overall it was a very light guitar.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that's what is known as Violin Brown. That's a new color for that model.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey Bro, If you can't decide, why not go with the best of both worlds and do the custom route? Arch top, 24 fret, and SLS headstock! Then you dont have to wonder!...just a thought! If you want you can let me test drive it for a few months when you get it and I can let you know if you made a good choice or not.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just may have to take my bro's advice and go the custom route...maybe I should learn how to play a little better though [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll stick with my DK2 for now and see what I get the itch for next...probably and SL1 pile o' skulls or graveyard [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X