I'm back in the club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back in the club!

Well, I'm back in the USA Jackson owners' club. I went browsing at Atomic Music in College Park, MD, today and found a black 1993 USA Soloist that I managed to get for $575! It's actually in very good shape with case, original hang tag and everything, but Atomic seems to have a hard time moving Jacksons, so I got it cheap. Earlier this year, I owned another black 1993 Soloist for a little while that I didn't like as well as this new one.

My new one has been modified in a very interesting fashion--the Bill Lawrence pickup was replaced with a Duncan Distortion, and the single coils were removed and replaced with a Duncan Full Shred. It was obviously a pro job--the routing of the neck pickup slot and the covering of the middle pickup slot were very well done and are difficult to see unless you look closely. Also, the Lawrence pickup ring is smaller than the standard one, and the replacement on mine was done first class--the original screw holes were dowelled and redrilled. What's more, the previous owner replaced the original Jackson/Schaller trem with a new Schaller. Great stuff! Man, I'm bouncing off the walls!!

I will have to sell some stuff to appease the wife, though--a heavily modded Model 5 and a Carvin DC145, which I don't really need now anyway. Keep a watch on the Classifieds here.

Re: I\'m back in the club!

Pics forthcoming tomorrow.

Comment

Re: I\'m back in the club!

welcome back bro! Cant wait to see pics!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X