Any DR2 owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any DR2 owners?

Just thought I'd see who else has a DR2 around here. I've got one in Cobalt Blue Satin finish over ash, with a Full Shred to replace the Screamin' Demon in the bridge slot, and I've come to the conclusion that it's the finest thrash/death metal guitar I've ever played. I thought that some had alder bodies, but I've never had a chance to try one. What's the verdict?
    sigpic

Re: Any DR2 owners?

Hey I have a DR2 also, just simply amazing,its purpleburst. I love the reverse headstock with no inlays,real classy. I'm pretty sure it's an alder body, but can't be 100% sure. I have both pickups replaced with Dimebuckers as the stock Screamin Demon(too brittle) in the bridge and Jazz(too,well,jazzy) in the neck sounded horrible to me. I agree, this is an amazing metal guitar, everyone who plays it can't believe how wide and flat the fretboard is, but I play it everyday so I'm used to it. I like the wider string spacing, it's easier to play parts where you're getting a lot of notes in one area, keeps your fingers from getting tied up together. the neck profile is perfect, not too fat, not too thin, not too round, just right. DR2's f*cking rule!!!!!

Comment

Up
      Who else has a DR2, one year later?
      I got a black one, with OFR, EMG 81/85, and its a real classy guitar indeed. And it sounds goooooooood [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Why not stop teasing and ust post some pics?
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Yeah no kidding, where's the pics.

Comment

As soon as I can upload again (damn french telecoms!), i got a couple of pics of my DR2...

Comment

I've got the Blue Satin over ash one. I didn't like the shiny chrome against the satin finish, so I swapped the floyd, tuners, & knobs over to Jackson Satin colored hardware. I think it looks much better this way vs. the chrome hardware.

Comment

I've stuck with chrome hardware, and added chrome pickup rings. I did the same for my blue RR2, and my black SL2 came with all the chrome. I have enough guitars with black hardware...

I'd still like to pick up a Gun Metal Grey DR2 (also ash I think) and try a different pickup, but even if I found one, I couldn't spare the cash. Maybe a DR5 Pro with the black satin over ash...but that's another rare bird.
                sigpic

Comment

Errr, I think all DR2's (at least the 1997 models, dont know about the 98 models for sure) are made of poplar... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

The "satin" finish ones with visible woodgrain are the ash ones. The Alder or Poplar ones would be the smooth finished ones.

Here's a pic of a 'graphite' ash one:
                    web page

(click on the box with the "+" to get larger pic)

Comment

Wow!!! Ive never seen this one!!! *dribble*
                      Pity its in Japan, or I would once again have spent my money in a DR2! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Yer DR2 is beautiful KG. What was the original bridge?

Comment

Yep, I just like the way it looks, simple and yet classy!
                          The trem was a JT580LP first, but I replaced it with an OFR (the current string gauge I use was a problem with the JT, 11/53)

Comment

Working...
                          X