Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can some kindly tell me what a Jackson Jrs. and Students are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some kindly tell me what a Jackson Jrs. and Students are?

i've always wondered what Student versions of regular Jackson guitars are, and what is a Jackson Jr? is the JJ-2 a Jackson Jr? i am just guessing because of the initials. just an educated guess. well, i hope i can find out thanks to one of you guys. if anyone knows the answer, i know its someone here on this board [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] perhaps a picture or two? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Can some kindly tell me what a Jackson Jrs. and Students are?

To add, the student wasn't discounted a whole lot back when new. They only differed by about $150 on average. Today the difference is pretty big. I like the Students as I love rosewood fretboards as much as ebony. I would love to get a Soloist Student model some day.

Comment

Well you see, back in the San Dimas days, there were generally two ways to make a Jackson...the Custom way(sharkfin inlays, binding) or Student(dot inlays, no binding). The idea was to make the Students more affordable. And you're right, the Jackson Junior is the JJ/Scott Ian type model.

Comment

The Custom/Student distinction was something of a takeoff on Gibson's Custom/Standard variations, with the Customs of both companies being pimped-out with the ebony boards and fancy inlays. Functionally, no difference, though, which is why old San Dimas Student models are such a great value, as they tend to sell for a lot less than Customs. Personally, though, I've always liked ebony fretboards, even long before I ever played a Jackson, so I prefer the Customs myself.

Comment

Working...
        X