Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here own a Jackson custom shop Stratocaster with Strat head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here own a Jackson custom shop Stratocaster with Strat head?

i know as far as Jackson is concerned the term Strat gets thrown around a lot especially with Dinkys. i am asking about the Jacksons that actually look like Fender Stratocasters with contoured body, pickguard and all. a good example of one would be Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden's white one with black pickguard.

is anyone here a lucky owner of one? correct me if i'm wrong, but these were only made in the custom shop, and were stopped after Fender said "no more Stratocaster headstocks!" right? oh, and some pics would be nice. i'm interested in seeing Jackson versions, not so much in Charvels.

Re: Does anyone here own a Jackson custom shop Stratocaster with Strat head?

Back in the 80's the Jackson company was only a 'custom shop'. The term is rather abused these days. Anyhow, I have a mutt guitar built with a Jackson Strat headstock and similar era body. Since we see the woodburn replacement necks once in a while, I am sure they built some guitars with them as well.

Here is my guitar (with a Charvel logo, but it is definately a Jackson neck). It lacks the pickguard, but otherwise is pretty close to a Strat.

Comment

Charvel Central

Comment

Well the no strat head thing by fender started during the charvel days.85 I think correct me if I'm wrong.In 86 some of the last charvels made had jackson logos.I had charvel 5490 it had a jackson logo with a strat head stock look at the visual section at charvel central for a pic (city sky line graphic).I have seen pointys with the jackson logos as well all very late in production.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

and what be the address of charvel central?

Comment

Working...
          X