No announcement yet.

Woo-Hoo, back in the USA crowd again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo-Hoo, back in the USA crowd again!!

Well, I got my $300 Ebay score in today and I have to say that I'm very pleased with her!! San Dimas plate #6057, Looks to be mostly original with the exception of the boost taken out, but I'm assuming the four switch locations are stock because the shielding has the real clean holes cut for it already.. Also looks to have an ebony board too, either that or VERY dark rosewood as I think I can see a bit of grain toward the fretboard end.. Body has a few chips here and there, but overall very nice and the neck looks pristine!! I've got to run and do some errands, then get some new strings on her, a good cleaning and a setup and then I'll post some pic's later on this evening or tomorrow.. depending on how long it takes and lighting conditions as I like to take pics outdoors if at all possible..

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Woo-Hoo, back in the USA crowd again!!

That's awesome Steph!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Congrats!!Chucksplatter

Comment

The purple Dinky? Sweet. Congrats.

Comment

SWEET $300 for a USA Jackson is [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        cant wait to see it

Comment

Glad to hear you got a great deal, Congrats!

Comment

Thanks for the kind replies there fellers, it's appreciated.. Gonna have to wait until tomorrow for some pic's though.. I tried to take some indoors and it's that color that doesn't photograph too well under artificial light..

Here is what I found out under further inspection.. The name Rick Jones in stamped in the neck pocket, it's got some kind of Dimarzio but it's not labeled.. meaning there is no DPXXX number on the bottom, it just says Dimarzio and Made in USA on it.. So I don't know what it is.. It's non-logo and got two rows of silver hex poles though.. if that helps to identify it.. I'm guessing the singles are Jackson and all they have on them is a number molded into the bottom of the casing 016730 on both of them..

There are four switches, one each for the two single and the hum, and on to split the hum to single.. One volume, one tone.. Seems to have a dead fret around the 15th.. Looks O.K. to me, but either the one before is too low or the 15th is too high.. I put a metal straight edge on it, but can't see the problem.. I think I'm gonna have to take it to someone more knowledgable than I for this one as I can't get the action down as low as I would like.. There is a little playwear in the open positions, so maybe a level and crown might be in order..

I'll get pics up tomorrow..

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan:
              ...it's got some kind of Dimarzio but it's not labeled.. meaning there is no DPXXX number on the bottom, it just says Dimarzio and Made in USA on it...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I remember the auction pics correctly, it looked like a Super Distortion. And it looked like a replacement PU, as I think the guitar had the bigger mounting rings from the original Jackson pickups. Which means, if the SCs are original, you're probably right and they're likely Jacksons.

Comment

Yeah, probably a Distortion now that I think about it... I believe they have the double row of chrome allen heads.. It's pretty hot, I know that.. I played it a little last night.

Oh, BTW.. pics as promised in the other thread.. Figured I'd start a new one with a "Pics inside" heading...

Comment

Congrats Stephan...awesome score. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                  X