Looking for a price quote...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a price quote...

How much (at least a ballpark range) would it cost me to have a guitar almost identical to this made by the jackson custom shop?:

http://membres.lycos.fr/stephanforte/gear.html

The only differences i would have made are the control locations, headstock, and finish, maybe make the body a little different, acually i would want the same body as Rusty cooley's seven string......everything else on the guitar would be the same though, seven string, 27 frets, scallped 18-27, etc.. I already found out how much LAG would charge me (4000 usd) so im lookin around to see what it would cost elsewhere. Thanks guys.

Re: Looking for a price quote...

hhhmm well you could go to Jackson's website at www.jacksonguitars.com and go to the custom quote section and try and figure it out yourself...hope this helps....

Comment

I have no idea about how much it would cost... but it definitely would be one special guitar! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Wow, 4000 US $. They highly increased their prices. I contacted lag's boss when the first Adagio record was released and he told me that the Steph Forte sig would cost me 18000f, so approximatively 2700US $ at that time. It was certainly less expensive for me as it was build in France.

I did a Jackson custom quote for approximativeley the same guitar (differences were "only" 24 frets and 4 scalloped frets, but Neck thru!) and the quote was 4340$ as far as I can remember.

If your guys like progressive music and shred, you should absolutely listen to the new Adagio record. I never heard complex stuff like that before. Compared to this Album, symphonoy X is the sex pistols [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] .
        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer 2:
          everything else on the guitar would be the same though
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why do you want a LAG logo on your Jackson Custom Shop [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by SLY:

I did a Jackson custom quote for approximativeley the same guitar (differences were "only" 24 frets and 4 scalloped frets, but Neck thru!) and the quote was 4340$ as far as I can remember.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">right, but you have to remember that price is retail... you won't actually pay $4340 US for it.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

closer to $2600
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

27 friggin frets? DAMN!!! You must be some geetar wiz to have completely mastered everything you can do on a 24fret guitar with 6 strings that now you need another strings and 3 more frets... man o man good luck mastering that beast when you get it! I bet that'd take some time to truely tame.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY:
                  Wow, 4000 US $. They highly increased their prices. I contacted lag's boss when the first Adagio record was released and he told me that the Steph Forte sig would cost me 18000f, so approximatively 2700US $ at that time. It was certainly less expensive for me as it was build in France.

If your guys like progressive music and shred, you should absolutely listen to the new Adagio record. I never heard complex stuff like that before. Compared to this Album, symphonoy X is the sex pistols [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] .
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i definately agree dude, adagio is killer. I wouldnt see they are better than SX though, but then again i just got into them so maybe theyll grow on me more. I still think romeo owns forte though [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

That price is insane though, jackson could definately give me a better deal im hoping....and the guy from vwall guitars just gave me a quote that i really really like so as soon as i get a job i have somthing to look forward to.

And to the guy that said something about the frets. No i have not mastered all 24 frets, nobody has and no one ever will, it is ridiculous to even imagin that. The extra frets only increase the range and give me more room when soling. Plus, i got the extra notes for when i go to learn certain classical pieces that require them [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Ill be sure to keep you guys updated.

Comment

Working...
                  X