SL1 color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL1 color?

I finally gots the pics workiing for my newly aquired 2000 flame top SL1. What color is this?

Re: SL1 color?

very nice!

I'm guessing it's Tobacco Sunburst. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks. The guy I bought it from called it Amberburst. The closest thing I have found to that name is Amber Sunburst. Tobacco Sunburst sounds a little better. The finish is a little dark.

Comment

That's definitely amber sunburst, not tobacco.
        There's certainly some variation in transparent colors from guitar to guitar, but tobacco is more black/dark brown at the edges and has no red whatsoever. This one is redish-orange, consistent with amber sunburst.

Comment

maybe it's my monitor then, or maybe I'm kinda blinded by the brilliant yellow of the Trans Amber Fusion in my lap. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I can't see a whole lot of amber in that pic. The amber bursts I've seen had a distinctly yellow hue (more like the SL2H on the Jackson site), where as this Soloist looks like a lighter brown graduating out to darker brown, which seems more like a tobacco burst to me.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

It's probably just the light and/or pic. The orangeish-red can sometimes look like a caramel-like color. Also, sometimes the guy doing the finish can define the burst really well, going yellow-to-orange-to-red. Other times, they bleed the lines between the colors a little more.

See my amber sunburst Dinky...

A sweet SL1 and finish, no matter what. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That absolutely is Amber Sunburst. FlameJack2000, you need to shrink those pics. This page would take 10 minuted for a 56k use to load.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will shrink the pics if I ever post them again. I have seen on this forum before that some guys don't like the look of the flame tops but I love mine!

Comment

Yeah, thanks for slowing my computer down!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Nice looking guitar, though.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sorry, I forget that some people still use dial-up modems.

Comment

LOL, ya really.

Comment

Yeah thats definately the darkest AmberSunburst I've seen. There is a pretty good amount of color variation that i've noticed in that color. I just ordered a SL2 in ASB and I had the dealer comment LIGHT AMBERSUNBURST PREFERED So Hopefully they wont do it to dark.

Nice SL1 though, I love the chrome with that color!

Comment

By popular demand, I have resized the pics!

Comment

This pic might be a little better of the color but it is still darker than other Aaaaamber Sunburst guitars that I have seen.

Comment

Even though yours is dark, its still very good looking with that flame top. Yours looks vibrant. There is a dark ASB SL1 at the GC I shop at, and it just doesnt look as good as yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X