Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One to make even Dr. Newcenstein proud.. ( I hope!!) :-)..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One to make even Dr. Newcenstein proud.. ( I hope!!) :-)..

Wasn't sure where to post this one, but since it's more USA than not.. I guess I'll put it here.. Admins, if this is wrong.... (I don't wanta be riiight...) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sorry couldn't resist.. If it's in the wrong section, please move it to where it needs to be..

Upward and onward... Here is MY latest creation.. I got this azz kickin USA neck (Oiled maple/Ebony) from a pretty much destroyed pawnshop score and was just aching to put a body with it.. Well along comes this DKMG body and the rest, as they say.. is history.. The only thing on it that is non-USA is the body and the the back plates.... ***Note to self*** "Should have kept those aluminum backplates, instead of selling them to Rudy.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ".... I decided to build my own Archtop Dinky, since I can't afford the real thing.. It's in it's "prototype" stages right now with a few more things I need to locate before it's completely done... namely another chrome pickup ring and the tuners aren't Jackson logo... but will do for now.. When it's done, it'll have a Dimazio Tone Zone in the bridge (just threw in the Evo for the pics because the chrome ring was already attached..), a Dimarzio PAF in the neck.. By trading around, using pawnshop scored peices, and what not.. I really don't have anything in it!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] That's the best thing!! Anyway, here she is... Tell me what ya think.. (only good stuff though, as my shattered self esteem is easily damaged!! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) Fire away..

Re: One to make even Dr. Newcenstein proud.. ( I hope!!) :-)..

looks great dude...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks fellas...

Hey d.m., if I can ever get over there to see you guys play.. I'll bring some of the "babies" along so you can see them in person.. I would love to see some of your "mutts" [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ..

But ain't they the ones that love you the most!!

Comment

Looks good! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

of course...my mutt's are my babies...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Shes purdy man. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If that's the same body I'm thinking of, I almost pulled the trigger myself for the same purpose. (Ebay a couple weeks ago). I'm glad someone here got it and will use it. Killer job.... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I bet it is.... I sniped it at the very end. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Somebody tried to do the same, but my bid was higher. Took the guy long enough to get it to me though.. Won it on the 22nd and paid immediately, he waited about a week to ship it and it just now got here.. and the guy hasn't left feedback yet. I hate it when people do that, kinda makes you feel like they are trying to blackmail you by waiting to see what your gonna say first. Thing is, the body was perfect, so I don't know why he would be hesitant to leave feedback for me.. It's not like he was trying to hide anything. I emailed him today and told him I wasn't leaving feedback until he did.. and if he doesn't do it soon, I may not be too kind.. Really makes me [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] !!

Comment

That's what gets me - as a seller, you are expected to leave feedback immediately upon and only about the buyer's performance. If you've been honest in your description, and you have nothing to hide, then there's no reason to fear that a buyer will come back at you with a refund request after you've left feedback. If they do, stand your ground and respond to a lump if he gives it out of spite.
                    I leave feedback within a day of receiving payment, and within a day of receiving/inspecting the item (both depend on my work schedule and when I receive either the item I bought or the money for what I've sold).

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

i'm with you newc on the feedback. if i pay right away i think the seller should respond in 1 day and i'll leave feedback THE DAY i receive the item. i've been lucky on the 'bay i have never felt like i should leave a negative for anyone i've bought from.
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Yeah I agree. The seller should leave feedback as soon as they get payment, the buyer has fufilled their end. I think alot of sellers do that because as we all know feedback is a weapon, so if the buyer isn't happy they can screw the buyer over too when they get a negative.

Comment

Sad thing is.. here it is the 7th. I emailed him on the 4th to tell him that I would leave feedback when he did.. Well, I got tired of waiting (that coupled with the fact that he's got 31 feedback, and has only left 3 [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ) and left him a Neutral.. I mean really, I bought it on the 22nd of Oct., he shipped it on the 26th!! That's four days fa cryin' out loud!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I try to ship everything I sell within 24 hours of getting payment.. And I didn't receive it until the 4th of Nov., that's like 13 days after the auction ended.. With relativly no contact from the seller, mind you... to let me know what is going on!!

Anyway, I left him a Neutral earlier today and lo and behold.. I get an email from him tonight saying that he left me a blisteringly good feedback and would I do the same.. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

I emailed him saying.. "Sorry, but I already left feedback for you.." and told him why I did it.. You know, I realize that people's lives don't revolve around Ebay.. but COMMUNICATION is the key when dealing online.. You gotta keep the buyer informed of what is going on. If he had emailed me and said.."Hey, it's gonna be a few days before I can ship the body..." OR "Hey, I'll leave feedback as soon as I can.. I'm really busy right now.." that would have been totally cool with me.. But I hate it when I'm kept in the dark, especially when it concerns my money..

Sorry for the [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

I'll go away quietly now.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe the guy will learn from it and improve his com skills in the near future. A sensible person would, but many view Neutral as a "Polite Negative", which if the guy earns it as this guy did, tough poop on them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

It's been a long time since I've posted but I thought i'd say it 'looks great' Dude. Especially since I've started doing the same thing...building from parts....it's really cool ain't it??!!
                              Rock On....I guess it's Fish You Win huh???.... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X