Corona neck plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona neck plates

Are the Jackson neck plates with the Ontario address still in use, or does the custom shop already use new neck plates with the Corona address? Can somebody post a pic of a Jackson (and Charvel?) neck plate with the Corona address?

Re: Corona neck plates

I will wager a guess here. Jackson probably had hundreds of plates already made with the Ontario address on them not ever realizing/thinking the factory would move. So, in a few years there will be the first Corona plates. This is based on the fact that the SD plates were in use through 1989, yet the Ontario move was over by 1987...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Well said 750...

Comment

I'll sell you the Corona plate off my 2001 USA Double Fat Strat. You can be the first to put it on a Jackson. It will cost you a lot of $$$$$ though. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I´m with C750 on this one...I bet it´ll take some time before the Corona-plates start showing up. I can´t imagine them wasting money by simply scrapping the remaining Ontario-plates...which over time will result in alot of people wondering where their latest Ebay-score guitar really was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L:
            I´m with C750 on this one...I bet it´ll take some time before the Corona-plates start showing up. I can´t imagine them wasting money by simply scrapping the remaining Ontario-plates...which over time will result in alot of people wondering where their latest Ebay-score guitar really was made.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The leftover Charvel plates with the San Dimas address have been destroyed, whereas the leftover Jackson plates with the San Dimas address have been used in Ontario. What I see is that the address on the hang tag of my 2003 Ontario Charvel already says Scottsdale AZ. I think FMIC takes care of their corporate identity, so I can imagine that they stamped new Jackson neck plates with the Corona addres.
            What about the Charvel neck plates with the Ontario address? Are there any leftovers?

Comment

I think this is an interesting topic. I do understand that they have lots of neck plates that they want to use, but I believe they should just get all new ones. I wouldn't want a USA with an Ontario tag that was only made in Corona, it's like lying about the making of it.

Comment

I'll bet you NEVER see a Corona address on a USA Jackson or Charvel neckplate. Nobody wants to see the Fender Custom Shop address on their high dollar USA C/J. I'll bet they do away with an address on the next generation neckplates.

[ November 16, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Greg Crowe ]

Comment

I'll take that bet, Greg! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I bet you an allen wrench set! When you lose, you can send me something similar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

IMO the plates will say just "Corona, CA"
                  or will have the street address with it.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

See

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=2;t=000786
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Lying about the make? WTF? Corona is how far from Ontario? 12 miles or so? Please. The s**tty thing is, I KNOW that eventually we'll see "Ontario neckplate" guitars going on eBay for more. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in 1988 I had a Jackson strat-body built. When it was delivered to be in early 1989, it came with a San Dimas neck plate, so I always assumed it was built in San Dimas. It wasn't until very recently that I found out it was a left-over SD plate on an Ontario-built guitar (like within the last few months).

Not that I cared where specifically it was made. That was the greatest guitar I've ever owned. So, I can't relate to anyone paying more for a guitar made in a specific town/shop, especially since for at least a little while, they're going to be made by the same people who built 'em in Ontario. Is there really that much difference between a SD Jackson and an Ontario Jackson?

Comment

There really isn't any quality difference between SD and Ontario guitars, as far as I can tell. I think the SD thing just adds collector's value, since there aren't nearly as many of them floating around. Arguably, the Ontario guitars should be better, since the company had a better facility to work with. However, the move to Ontario did seem to coincide with a transition to more 'in-house' parts, such as JT-6 trems and Jackson pickups (although I guess these had been used in the late SD guitars, as well).

The real changeup is when Grover sold the company in 1989, where you get the introduction of regular production models.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I looked it up because last week I was looking at a new Dk1 and noticed the Ontario neckplate and thought it was odd it didn't say Corona. Any new insights why they still say Ontario?

Also came across a new Kelly with a string through bridge and no bevelled edges. Haven't seen this before on Jackson's website in the last year that I've been interested in Jacksons. Could this be a new model? Or an old one that has been sitting in the shop for very long time?

Comment

One of the members here had one of that string-thru kellys I think it's just how they make the string-thru ones (no bevels but a body binding)
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X