Corona neck plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Jackson neckplates...

And, yeah, that Kelly sounds like a KE2T. 2 hum, TOM string-through Kelly, bound body with no bevels. They only made them for one year, I think. 2001 or 2002-ish. I used to have one. ...Actually, I will have one again. Only it won't be a KE2T, and won't show up for 12-18 months.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the neckplate. I thought it seemed strange. They also had a JEM with a skunkstripe neck which was replaced by a five piece neck over a year ago so I wonder where they are getting their stock.

The KE2T was at a different shop and it was definitely new. It was gunmetal grey. Is it worth anything more being a few years old and basically unplayed?

Comment

Having only been made one year, the KE2T is somewhat rare. Not many made - I heard less than 50 once, less than 30 another time. It'll hold its value reasonably well, but won't be worth big bucks, if that's what you mean.

If it's new, then the dealer's been holding on to it for a few years. See if they'll make a good deal - they're probably looking to unload it. IMHO, that layout would look great in GMG. Nice color to set off the binding.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
          And, yeah, that Kelly sounds like a KE2T. 2 hum, TOM string-through Kelly, bound body with no bevels. They only made them for one year, I think. 2001 or 2002-ish. I used to have one. ...Actually, I will have one again. Only it won't be a KE2T, and won't show up for 12-18 months.
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

looks like racerx lost an allen wrench set......

chris

Comment

Originally posted by RP
              Back in 1988 I had a Jackson strat-body built. When it was delivered to be in early 1989, it came with a San Dimas neck plate, so I always assumed it was built in San Dimas. It wasn't until very recently that I found out it was a left-over SD plate on an Ontario-built guitar (like within the last few months).
              That would explain a few of the Dinky's I've seen on E-Bother, claimed as San Dimas made, but with serials way past the 1505 number shown on the Jackson site.

That new neck plate looks cheap, must be a Fender item
              Last edited by bratfink; 06-23-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X