Which USA's came with Oiled necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which USA\'s came with Oiled necks?

I like 'em either way. On a bolt-on, I'd much rather have an unfinished/oiled/whatever neck, rather than the traditional gloss finish. For some reason, I've found that gloss natural finish necks 'stick' more than your usual painted neck ala Gibson, although maybe that's just me.

I also really like satin finished necks. My old Fusion Pro had a satin neck, and that was real nice.

Comment

I have a 1998 SL-1 that has a factory unfinshed neck. I bought new from DCGL and was told it was a specil order someone bailed on.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
        Funny thing is: if you like a painted neck, you almost always like an unfinished one. There is NO drag, loss of speed, or the "sticky" feeling some associate with paint. Personally I prefer a painted neck, especially on a neck through. But I love the oiled necks too...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love both, too, and don't have any problem switching between the two, but I bet you any amount of money in the world that you won't be able to feel the paint on any painted neck. There would always be some kind of gloss over the paint. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You serious, Joe?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'm seriously serious, as always. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X