KV2T first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2T first impressions

I got mine about a week ago and haven't had a whole lot of time to play it but thought I'd post some pics and my initial impressions.
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the neck feels great - typical Jackson profile</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know some folks were concerned about the scale length - that has never bothered me before and doesn't bother me with this one either. I regularly switch between a Les Paul, PRS, and a Tele. The harder thing for me is to adjust to nut width/string spacing and neck thickness.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">string spacing is great. I can finger pick on this thing (unlike my Fender stuff which is typically too close together).</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the truss rod and bridge need some adjusting - the action isn't quite what it could be - just haven't had the opportunity plus I wanted it to adjust to the climate here before I fool with it</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the finish is beautiful - nice and sparkly!</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sounds really good - I really like Duncans so it's no surprise that it sounds good to me - nice balanced output and good articulation - in addition to being a good hard rock/metal guitar, this would make a mighty fine blues/classic rock guitar - nice clean tones too</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love the neck inlays!</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The nut needs to be cleaned up (another thing on my todo list). The unwound strings, particularly the high-E, are binding at the nut. This is sort of surprising, I know it's no big deal but...</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Other hardware and fit and finish type things are really nice except for one thing. There is some paint/binding mess that doesn't look so hot. Check out this little factory flub: flub pic 1 flub pic 2. They clear coated over top of it. This is pretty lame for a guitar in this price range.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here are some pictures:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hangin' with friends</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">full frontal shot</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">body shot</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">head stock</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">another picture of the head stock</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">inlays</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">more inlays</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">knob</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will post again once I've had a chance to set it up and play it some more.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: KV2T first impressions

Ahhhh thats one nice looking guitar. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow Nice!

Comment

Those inlays look a LOT nicer than I thought they would. Excellent guitar.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Awesomeness. I played one just like that a few weeks back (if you got it from Easton Guitars it's probably the same one). It's a Les Paul/King V combo. What else could anyone want? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

that looks cool as feck. nice one matey.

I was about to get my custom king-v orderd up in a few weeks but i think i am going to have too get me one of these first.

Is the bevals the same as a KV2? just that there is no beval finish choise. i know they do a complete flat top on a custon shop smashed mirror but i see no reson to do that in this case.

oh yeah while i am here, if any of you fine folk here have a KV1(mustaine sig) could you please post or e-mail me some pics please. i have too get one of those soon too, well if one comes up for sale, is there allot of differance in tone between the korina and the normal version of it?
            [email protected]

Comment

Awesome. That's a beautiful guitar.

Comment

I have a question on the KV1T, what is the neck width like? i have a KV2 which is real nice and a KE2 which is way too thick for me. I also have an ESP Explorer and it is between the 2, somtimes i prepher the KV2 and somtimes the Explorer, both very playable.

Ican`t play a thick neck axe worth a feck, no les paul for me. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone here have a KV-1 for sale or trade with mint KE2 with dess swirl. dosen`t matter on coulor.

Comment

Originally posted by YELLBOY:

Is the bevals the same as a KV2? just that there is no beval finish choise. i know they do a complete flat top on a custon shop smashed mirror but i see no reson to do that in this case.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The bevels are differant.

Now in referance to the original post [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, what is the body made of on the KV-2T? Is it a 3-piece body, 2, 1? How is the sound of the KV-2T, is it sharp and not forgiving like a KV-2 or round and full like a gibson?

-n

Comment

Is the string spacing at the nut the same as a Les Paul at all?? Or is it wider like a Soloist??

Comment

Originally posted by ntune:
                        Hey, what is the body made of on the KV-2T? Is it a 3-piece body, 2, 1? How is the sound of the KV-2T, is it sharp and not forgiving like a KV-2 or round and full like a gibson?

-n
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Neck and body are made of mahogany - I'm assuming it's a 3 piece deal. Sounds smooth to me - I haven't compared it to my Les Paul or PRS yet though. It's got nice a pair of Duncans in it - I forget which ones though.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli:
                          Is the string spacing at the nut the same as a Les Paul at all?? Or is it wider like a Soloist??
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's like a Soloist.

- Newc

Comment

Wow, that's a beauty! I really like the headstock and those inlays on a KV--though I don't think they look as good on the SLS Soloist version.

That is a pisser about that 'nick' near the nut. Mucho expensive guitars shouldn't come to you with flaws like that.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
                              It's got nice a pair of Duncans in it - I forget which ones though.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just looked it up - it's got a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X