SD soloist #J0146

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD soloist #J0146

Hey guys a customer of mine brought in his 85 San DImas Soloist to show me and the odd thing is
    it's a three single pup config. And it's pepto pink. All signs point to it being a San Diams the low seriel number, the kahler, the small control cavity etc... Although there is a concern with its structural integrity. Theres a crack on either side of the body center block where the wings were atttached. I dont know if its through to the wood or just a finish crack. But its on both sides of the neck and just looks scary.
    He was curious about it's value and since Im not to familiar with the Three single variation of the soloist im bringng the info to you for help. So any info like how many of these version were made nad what its value would help cuz he will be back looking for a few answers on wednsday when our tech is in the store. He wants to get it set up and was wondering if its wroth fixing up or getting refinished or whatever.
    Thanks
    Gil

Re: SD soloist #J0146

That serial number is 84' and in the books it seems to be a 2 hum, white explorer? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Are you sure of the number? As far as value I would guess anywhere from 6 to 9 hundred depending of course on what those cracks actually are! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I had J0149 - formerly-red Soloist with H-S-S.
      Racerseks (Ebay) had a 3-single Soloist, and I think Brett3388 has one in white.
      Anyhoo, that serial should be correct for the SL - are you looking at the bolt-on book or the neckthrough?

Anyhoo, 3-single Soloists are probably not as widely desirable as hummed models. You can pretty much bet there's very little competition for those, so value is strictly market-decided. If he wants to sell it, Ebay it and see what he gets. He'll probably get more than a store would give (cash or trade/credit), but I doubt he'd get more than $800 tops.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oops. Cancel that - I had J0419, not 0149 - damn laptop [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I was just stating that the guitar is an 84' not 85' with that number! According to the Jackson museum website the description isn't right for that number either! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] That's why i questioned the number... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No sweat on my end - I had my numbers confoosled. There was a thread a while back that showed several numbers in sequence were identical models with small variations.

Newc

Comment

If the archives say its an Explorer itprobably is. I may have remembered the number wrong. But it was a four digit starting with a J0***
              He said he bought it from a friend of his who bought it new in 85 so it could be a 84 that was delivered later in the year and just left over cus it'w ;well pink and three singles. Great neck on it though. Has the same neck heal as my 86 ontario dbl Hum soloist.
              Hopefully he'll bring it back in when im there so i can double check the seriel number.
              Gil

Comment

Working...
              X