A couple of cool scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of cool scores

I just picked these two beauties up. I thought the rest of you would like to see them.

The first is a 1985 Soloist Student with a cool graphic. This one is very clean. It is an easy 8.5 out of 10.

The next is a bolt on Jackson. The serial number places it to 1987. It has SG36 tuners, factory Floyd (not a JT6 nut), small control plate and flip-flop paint job. It changes from a plain Ferrari Red to a burgundy shade with platinum pearl.

Kudos to yogadork for the info on the Soloist Student when I couldn't be near a computer.

Re: A couple of cool scores

Nice scores Jim,

That zebra is like Brad Kelly's "Bruce Kulick" soloist ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah, I see that now. When I saw it in person, I thought it looked odd. Yogadork was the one that told me who had a graphic like that. Looking at the archives here, a guy named Josh has a Custom version with a serial number extremely close to this one. Close enough that I would bet they were made at the same time.

Comment

Where do i know that one from??????????/ hummm.. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice score Jim! I could kill Chris for letting you get the Soloist before me! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

lol

Comment

What kills me is that it was a walk in. I had my eyes peeled for these things and never saw one and this one pops up at Chris' booth. He cut me a great deal and I appreciate it. I see him at every Saratoga Springs show and the Philly shows and never realized until the other day it was the same store as the site I have visited numerous times.

Were you at the show?

Comment

Sweet! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Great scores, Jim. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You're quite welcome for flipping you the guitar. A little history on it: The same guitar showed up at my booth at the summer Philly show but we couldn't come to terms on a trade. I was very happy to see him bring it back to my booth at this show and I knew instantly that I was going to have it at any price; well, almost any. I bumped the trade value up significantly over our last meeting and he walked home with a nice Taylor 615 and I had a very cool San Dimas to add to my (temporary) collection. As you know, I was dying to bring that thing back home and put it up on my site but it was a question of "so many guitars, so little money..." In the end I picked up around 30 guitars at Philly but none are cooler than that Soloist. Best of luck with it and thanks again. Regards, Chris, www.chrisguitars.com

Comment

Cool to see you here on the forum! I thank you again and if I ever have anything you need down the road, I will treat you good.

For what its worth, that '85 Rhoads Custom black with gold pinstripes is KILLER. Someone should snag that one up quick.

Comment

I wasn't at the show but I listened to Chris' story intently as a tear rolled down my cheek! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow!! Very nice scores Jim [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !!Congrats bro [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] !! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chuck

Comment

Damn! Nice ones, Jim. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks! I just cracked open the bolt on and the body is dated 9-10-86 with a work order # of 8179 (matched on body and neck). What is crazy is looking back there have been numbers in the "under 1505" catagory with later work order #'s, body dates, tuner styles and larger humbucker rings.

Comment

Working...
                            X