Y2KV Musing and babble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV Musing and babble

Other opinions welcome, please chime in.

I have been playing my Y2KV lately and well I just don't seem to connect with it like my soloist or RR.

It just has a really different feel to it. I know the frets are different but there is more to it than that. It even feels arkward hanging on me. Maybe I'm more familiar with my RR.

Maybe I just need more time with it.

That is one thing I have always liked about Jacksons. The models I have played have subtle differences but they all have that Jackson feel. You know your playing a Jackson, I just don't get that with my Y2KV.

It is a shame cause I really like the looks of the Y2KV.

Re: Y2KV Musing and babble

Sorry you feel that way. I played one at GC a couple years ago and am still kicking myself for not buying it then.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I can relate I had a Hamer USA Vector(Gibby V shape) and a Hamer USA Blitz(Gibby Explorer shape), they both looked cool, but the V hung really odd on my body and the Blitz also, different on both but both were to odd for me to play comfortably, I also had a USA Rhoads, same thing, hung really weird. I prefer strat shaped bodies, I have 2 Soloists and a Fusion and double cuts, I have a Hamer Special FM, both look different but ride almost exactly and balance perfectly, and the neck is at the perfect angle and position. Basically cool doesn`t always cut it when it comes to actually playing them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer:
        I have been playing my Y2KV lately and well I just don't seem to connect with it like my soloist or RR.

It just has a really different feel to it. I know the frets are different but there is more to it than that. It even feels arkward hanging on me.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hammer, I agree with you 100%. I bought a Y2KV a few weeks ago and it just never felt right. At first I thought it was the frets and the strings (I usually play 9s). But it just never grew on me. I tried to trade it but nothing really worked out. Then I decided that I would send it to GMW to have it done up in Rhoads Polka dots. But, after playing it one last time I came to the conclusion that it just doesn't do it for me. Whereas, every Soloist that I have played does. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I was thinking of just selling the Y2KV on eBay, but the run of Mustaine-owned Y2KVs has really softened the market. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hammer:

It just has a really different feel to it. I know the frets are different but there is more to it than that. It even feels arkward hanging on me.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hammer, I agree with you 100%. I bought a Y2KV a few weeks ago and it just never felt right. At first I thought it was the frets and the strings (I usually play 9s). But it just never grew on me. I tried to trade it but nothing really worked out. Then I decided that I would send it to GMW to have it done up in Rhoads Polka dots. But, after playing it one last time I came to the conclusion that it just doesn't do it for me. Whereas, every Soloist that I have played does. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I was thinking of just selling the Y2KV on eBay, but the run of Mustaine-owned Y2KVs has really softened the market. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still interested in trade?
          [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
            Still interested in trade?
            [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toru, I liked your light blue Dinky from GMW so much, that I just placed an order for a light blue Strathead replica with Lee yesterday. I put the deposit on it today. Mahogany Body, maple neck, creme Dimarzios & chrome Floyd.

Thanks for your interest, though.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
              Still interested in trade?
              [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toru, I liked your light blue Dinky from GMW so much, that I just placed an order for a light blue Strathead replica with Lee yesterday. I put the deposit on it today. Mahogany Body, maple neck, creme Dimarzios & chrome Floyd.

Thanks for your interest, though. [/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Light Blue Cream Dimarzios and Floyd !
              Make sure to ask Virtual PAF in neck position.Ask Lee about it. He loves this pickup after I chose this pickup for my Dinky.
              I am glad my guitar helped you to order your own custom guitar!
              GMW is great.
              Now, I am going with pastel Orange color Dinky
              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

You shouldn't liek your Y2KV.
                It sucks, and you want to sell it.
                iT WILL NEVER MAKE YOU HAPPY.
                GWARGHOUL will buy it.
                You will private message him.
                You will realize he is a nice guy.
                You WILL SELL IT TO gwarghoul.

Comment

Thank you Fritz and Slayer , I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was so excited to get it I must have been blinded by the cool factor.

I'm really thinking about selling her and going back to the ol faithful strat/soloist body. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

GWARGHOUL, I maybe PMing you tonite.

Comment

dinkyjacksonman, are those strats GMW originals, or parts mutts? If GMW and if you dont mind saying, how much? Thats pretty much my ideal guitar, just needs to be neck thru and have amber flametop on there!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Ians Beard:
                      dinkyjacksonman, are those strats GMW originals, or parts mutts? If GMW and if you dont mind saying, how much? Thats pretty much my ideal guitar, just needs to be neck thru and have amber flametop on there!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 of the Dinky Customs(Light Blue And Light Purple),are complete GMW guitars.
                      These are very basic guitar but with upgrade of birds eye maple neck,heel cut,1 neck pickup(upcharge).
                      I don't quite remember how much I paid for them but they are not that expensive.
                      I should say around $1300 or less.
                      Send E-mail to Lee at GMW and tell you saw Toru's Dinky Custom guitars.
                      Then easier for him to give you rough estimate even with upgrade of neck thru and Flame top.

Comment

YOU WILL SELL IT TO GWARGHOUL
                        YOU WILL PRIVATE MESSAGE HIM TONIGHT

Comment

I had a Y2KV once and I must say that I loved its tone and it really looked very nice(Red Ghost Flames).However I ended up trading it for another V guitar.
                          Sometimes I wish I did'nt.

Comment

Man, some of you guys are crazy! I love my Y2KV more and more each time I play it. The tall, skinny frets did take a while to get used to, but I'm fine with them now. I'd be kicking my own ass if I'd have hesitated and not bought this guitar. Sometimes I catch myself marveling at its beauty. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Scott Ians Beard:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 of the Dinky Customs(Light Blue And Light Purple),are complete GMW guitars.
                              These are very basic guitar but with upgrade of birds eye maple neck,heel cut,1 neck pickup(upcharge).
                              I don't quite remember how much I paid for them but they are not that expensive.
                              I should say around $1300 or less.
                              Send E-mail to Lee at GMW and tell you saw Toru's Dinky Custom guitars.
                              Then easier for him to give you rough estimate even with upgrade of neck thru and Flame top.
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Toru is exactly right with the price quote. I ordered a Charvel Strathead Replica with 1 3/4 maple neck, mahogany body, 2 Dimarzios, scalloped heel, OFR and custom Empire Guitars case for $1300 shipped. Toru's have Birdseye Maple necks whereas mine will have a Mahogany body. The price is the same, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X