Shannon Soloist spotted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Soloist spotted?

I was at one of the smaller stores in town and noticed a black USA Soloist and started playing it. Felt really nice. Other than being black it is pretty much what I'm looking for in a Soloist. Then I start looking the guitar over and notice there is a silver signature on the back of the headstock. I took a picture of the signature with my cell phone and will post it later. Could it be that I stumbled on a Shannon Soloist? It looks like at least one of the single coils has been changed but otherwise looked original and in good condition.

What do black Shannon Soloists usually go for in great condition?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Shannon Soloist spotted?

I think they sell for around $700-1000 depending on the condition and color.
    I have seen Black ones selling for like $700-850 on E-bay.
    if Lower than that, it is a great buy!.

Comment

If you can get it for under a grand and it's nice, buy it.

In addition to Mike's sig, it should have a chrome non-recessed Floyd and the Jackson logo in script (not pearl), among other things. Black is fairly rare, with production reported at 50 total.

Brett

Comment

Brett, if black was rare for the Shannon, what color was used for the majority of them? I'd have figured black was the most common color.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Speaking of Shannon soloists, I passed on a used lime green one in nice shape a couple years ago for $799 at GC in Totowa, NJ.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Most likely it is a Shannon. Another distinctive feature is the binding-over-frets like the early Soloists had. Basically if it's got a "U" serial number, with those features, it has to be a Shannon, rather than an actual San Dimas Soloist.

Comment

The most common color is also one of the coolest - Blue Ghost Flames, with 56 guitars made in that color. It was a $350 mark up on the list price back then.

Brett

Comment

So is this the right signature?

- Newc

Comment

Yeah. I got the Green one at GC that you are talking about Scott for $575 inc tax. I sold it to Tim Rose though and he sold it to Neals Music and someone on this board bought it from them... Each time it sold the price kept going up. I sold it to Tim for $900 I think and he sold it for more and Neals sold it for more.... Yeaow!

Comment

actually i got it from neal, he was askin' $1200 for the guitar and i did a trade with another guitar i had so it worked out for me it's hands down one of the best playing guitars i own
                    buy the shannon you will not be disapointed

jon

Comment

That one was a very nice playing guitar. I liked it with the non original duckbuckers and the x2n in it. It screamed. Do you still have it with that p/u combo in it. It had so many different tones. Especially with the pull pot for the x2n. I do that with all my x2n's now because of that guitar. I miss it!

Comment

I'll be damned..Neal jacked the price on something?

Damned even more...Neal honestly traded and has a satisfied customer?

Comment

Can someone confirm the signature I posted?

- Newc

Comment

yeah, that looks like the shannon sig., one of the more sloppy ones i've seen but non the less his sig.
                            and no i swaped the pups out, it has a tone zone in the bridge and a lil' 59 in the front

and i guess i had something he really liked, and i was happy with the trade

jon

Comment

Cool. That Shannon played soooooo nice. I am sure it still does too! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] If you still have the duckbuckers and the x2n, email me. I will buy them if you don't want them.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X