Shannon Soloist spotted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shannon Soloist spotted?

Well if he's *expecting* it, where's the fun in that? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey about the Shannons...
      I have a Shannon BGF and its beautiful. Anyway, I thought that they came with a Pearly Gates hum...is that correct? I've noticed that it sounds a little bit fatter and doesn't have as much drive as my other Soloists. Great player for sure and most excellent for bluesier stuff. Can someone give me some definite p/up specs on this guitar and an idea of the original retail price for the Shannons? Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tmdiamond:
        Hey about the Shannons...
        I have a Shannon BGF and its beautiful. Anyway, I thought that they came with a Pearly Gates hum...is that correct?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, the humbucker in the Shannon was a Pearly Gates. I don't remember what the single coils were, though.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yes, the humbucker was a pearly gates and the singles were ssl-5's

as far as retail when new i think the bgf was the most at about $1800 or so, i do know that the flame was a $350 upcharge, maybe brett will see this and chime in on all the pricing of all the colors

jon

Comment

Everything is in the 1998 Jackson Pricelist, which I have at home. I will check later if I am free this evening.

Brett

Comment

BIG thanks to tim for the hook up on this guitar, very sweet

and brett did you have a chance to get the original pricing on the shannons as i am interested as well in the info

i don't understand why these shannons are not priced higher, they play better than any other soloist out there, very under rated in my opinion

jon

Comment

Thanks everyone. I found it odd also that the Shannons were so much lower in price than say, an SL1 or 2. The Shannon BGF is my wife's favorite guitar in my collection.
                Tom

Comment

Tim is a great guy! I bought an antigua strat from him off ebay a few weeks ago and the guitar was better than he described!

Tim did you ever sell that strathead star you had bout a year ago?

rich

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                    Tim is a great guy! I bought an antigua strat from him off ebay a few weeks ago and the guitar was better than he described!

Tim did you ever sell that strathead star you had bout a year ago?

rich
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool - I didn't make the JCF connection on the Antigua - glad you're happy with it - that was a hard one to let go of.

Regarding the star, I made a deal with JCF member 83SanDimas for it.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

wow i wish i could get a price like that on a shannon

Comment

Alright, I just realized that this is the Shannon that I bought from jonsgon in the recent Classifieds thread. Damn, dude, you got it for a KILLER price!

I'll DEFINITELY post pictures of it when it arrives! Better get some submissions ready for the gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                        X