No announcement yet.

PC-1 for Death Metal? What do ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-1 for Death Metal? What do ya think?

Why not? Local death-metallers Nocturne use a San Dimas Charvel Strathead (!) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: PC-1 for Death Metal? What do ya think?

If it has strings and feels good, PLAY IT!

Comment

what's-his-name from cryptopsy uses a fat strat of some sort tuned to B.

Comment

It doesn't matter what you play, for the most part, if it plays well, and you like how it sounds, that's fine.

BUT, I tried playing that pretty archtop in my last Technical DM band, and the neck was just too fat for complicated rythm patterns...

My KV plays great and so does my Warrior, but my Jackson Strathead is my fave brutal guitar... go figure.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

PC-1 for Death Metal? What do ya think?

Ok, I was looking at the PC-1's in my Jackson catalog and I think, with a bridge pickup change, this thing could be a metal beast! Hell, it may even work with whats there!

Anyone try this yet? Maybe I should pull a Karl Sanders (Nile) and start playing a PC-1 tuned to B [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

...this is what happens when you have too much time and WAY too much Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm pretty certain that a boat oar with 2 strings attached would suffice for death metal! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Give it a go..I guess for black/death flying V's etc look more stylish to me. Though cryptopsy's lead guitarist plays a strat, so its all sweet.
              Cheers

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] No offense, but I just don't get questions like this. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That's like Jacksons getting stereotyped as "metal-only" guitars. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

If it can produce the crunch/clean and tones you're looking for - and a PC1 can - then use the guitar if you like it. Generally speaking, Jacksons are versitile enough to do a wide variety of styles, from Jazz to death metal.

Comment

It will work just fine. I tried a used PC-1 at GC some time ago, and played some of my death-ish songs on it, no problem. I use a mahogany Hamer Californian with a DiMarzio PAF Pro and it sounds great for death metal as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

you guys know that this thing was just a giant hypothetical question right? I'm not actually going out there and buying a PC-1!

I just wanted to see what ya'll thought!

Comment

I seem to remember one of the guys from Entombed playing a strat in the Wolverine Blues video. IIRC it didn't even have a humbucker.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo:
                        I'm pretty certain that a boat oar with 2 strings attached would suffice for death metal! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lord knows you wouldn't want to cut into your hair spray and makeup budget. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

There's no reason a PC-1 shouldn't work for Death Metal. If the pickups don't work, change em.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] BTW, Karl Sanders plays a custom fender strat thingy tuned to A. I've never seen him with a PC-1 anyways, anyone got pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you don't like death metal, just skip the thread...? You had some nice guitars, though!
                            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I'm with Shreddermon, The guitar produces a wide variety of tones and if Death Metal is your thing, more power to you and Jackson. I've always said Jacksons are not just a rock/metal guitar. I'm sure I'm pretty much the only guy on this board that uses his Jacksons (PC1, SL1, SL2, Custom Soloist) for TexMex and Country...so like everyone else has said here, if it feels good, sounds good, then why not!!!!!!

Ken

Comment

Working...
                              X