Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom shop King V

ever, even [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      ever, even [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I spelled it that way on porpois you know. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

zeegler
        posted December 06, 2003 05:28 PM
        Come on guys. Tell me that isn't THE coolest guitar evar!!!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which one? The Jackson or the ESP? They both kick-ass! Like I said in another post, that ESP V did it for me the 1st time I saw it (which was in the Seasons in the Abyss video in what 1990?). Later I saw him Kerry playin it live at the Clash of the Titans tour.
        I think it's pretty much the paintjob that's the key to it's coolness. I also dig the V shape, less sculpted than the Jackson V, and more bold in your face!

If you can't find one of these in the red/black/silver, I think it'd be more feasible to find one of the plain black ones and get it refinshed and inlays put in than getting one built. I think it was pretty much the same wood, construction, trem except for the paint job and inlays. Also, both these ESP versions may actually have been made in the USA. The US facility stopped in when '95? and these were made before then, I believe.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Lurchhammer:
          Wow that's cool! Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have that one on the "Live Intrusion" video. (that's the tape I was thinking of in my other post) but he has one like it with a Raiders sticker on it or something?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I just watched part of the video and the one with the Raiders sticker on it is either black/red zebra or black with red blood drip... it's hard to tell.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
            the key to it's coolness.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Damn, I knew I should have proofread! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II:
                Which one? The Jackson or the ESP?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Meh, the Jackson is just a black soloist covered with stickers. Don't get me wrong, great guitar, but that ESP really does it for me.

Comment

Thats my Kerry King custom by the way and my explorers on that link. I have been real busy but I will send you better pics of the guitar in a day or two Zeegler. It is like a King V but every side is straight on the guitar no curves. I have a tracing of it and can send it out to you as I have already done one for someone else that I need to send anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47:
                    Thats my Kerry King custom by the way and my explorers on that link. I have been real busy but I will send you better pics of the guitar in a day or two Zeegler. It is like a King V but every side is straight on the guitar no curves. I have a tracing of it and can send it out to you as I have already done one for someone else that I need to send anyways.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are the man!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

You wouldn't happen to have Autocad would you? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was doing one of my explorers for Autocad but I just dont have the time with work and all my other projects so I wanted to hire someone to do it and have my favorite guitars done. Hey Zeegler I sent you some pics of the KKV yesterday did you get them?

Comment

i think BCRichs are being made by Voodoo guitars. the post here is the first good thing ive heard about the NEW Richs. the ESP KKV does turn up every now & then. & didnt they make 2 models a bolton & a neck thru? i remember seeing a bolton with diamond inlays & thinking what a crock. BTW there always the Rich KKwartribe V. i think the headstock & inlays look kinda silly tho.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47:
                          I was doing one of my explorers for Autocad but I just dont have the time with work and all my other projects so I wanted to hire someone to do it and have my favorite guitars done. Hey Zeegler I sent you some pics of the KKV yesterday did you get them?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not yet. addy is [email protected]

Comment

dude the BC rich custom v's suck balls....i just played one at guitar center in Fargo ND....

it was used and selling for $1,000...
                            and to me it was $1,000 too much...

anywho....a good friend of mine plays in a local band here in Minot.."Assisted Suicide" and he plays an ESP custom v..."kerry king....

with vietnam camo paint........and yes he is selling it...

not sure how much...but it slays the bc rich.......but doesn't come close to a jackson Rhoads...rr-1 or custom..

just my 2cents

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Label:
                              dude the BC rich custom v's suck balls....i just played one at guitar center in Fargo ND....

it was used and selling for $1,000...
                              and to me it was $1,000 too much...

anywho....a good friend of mine plays in a local band here in Minot.."Assisted Suicide" and he plays an ESP custom v..."kerry king....

with vietnam camo paint........and yes he is selling it...

not sure how much...but it slays the bc rich.......but doesn't come close to a jackson Rhoads...rr-1 or custom..

just my 2cents
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Perhaps you could find out what he is asking for it, and if he has any pics.

Comment

They only released 25 or so KKV Customs in 1997. There are no ss inlays on it. Only eagle and diamonds. I've never seen him play one live, but he does have the crackle Vee in the Dittohead video. His main ESP V was just black and red... Almost resembling the stripes on a shark. Kerry thinks he is a shark [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Kinda like the way he'd shave those lines in his beard.
                                ...Anyway, get a BC Rich custom shop KKV.

Comment

Working...
                                X