Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colors, and How to find out what They Are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors, and How to find out what They Are!

Hi, I'm new and I was wondering how you could find a color key for Jackson guitars. I really like the color of the slatq soloist on the Jackson site. Anyone know what color that is? If you know where a color key is, could you please post please. Thanks for any help you can offer. I plan to buy a SL2H Soloist, and that color looks pretty cool. I currently own a Jackson Warrior XT, with Evolution pickups in it. Great guitar/weapon, definently don't leave home without it. Post more later!

Also, anyone own a Jazz R Sweetone series, I would like to hear about that one, looks pretty damn cool. Much rather own a Jackson les Paul than a Gibson...

Re: Colors, and How to find out what They Are!

To know what all the colors and names are, I think you'll have to get your hands on a Jackson catalog. Just go to Guitar Center or your local Jackson dealer, they should have one for ya.

Comment

Looks like Amber Lager Burst (Group C, color 800)

Pretty!

Although the color squares in the print catalog don't capture the true look IMO. It's still worth picking up a 2003 catalog though!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's trans red.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't think so, Joe Toe...

Comment

This is Trans Red:

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonGuitars4Life:
              If you know where a color key is, could you please post please.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's an older color chart from a UK store:

http://www.modernmusic.co.uk/guitars...jack_chart.htm

Comment

It's trans red on quilt. According to the description and color chart of the 2002 catalog, that is trans red. The chart describes the colors available for the SLATQH as ASB, BCSB, CSB, NAT, TB, TG, TR, TBK, TSB and VB.

Comment

Oh. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

See what I mean about the color squares in the print catalog not capturing the true look?

BTW what a difference between the '02 & '03 catalogs!

Comment

Yeah, the true look is not always captured right on paper. Big difference in the catalogs, too. The colors look brighter in the new catalog, but even they're not all that accurate. The CAG (Candy Apple Green) is a USA Select color, but I had an old Professional Dinky Reverse in that color that I sold to Word. It was a lot brigher green and more sparkly in person, it was almost blinding! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

brighter, even [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

God I love that trans red Soloist in that picture, it definently convinces me to go with trans red on my soloist. Thanks for all your help! Now I have to decide what color I am going to get my KE3 Kelly.......... Can anyone post pics of thier Kelly's so I can see the colors. Also, can anyone post pics of thier Jazz R's, those look pretty slick.

Jackson's forever, hell yes!

Comment

Here's my Guitar list for any of those who are wondering...

Warrior XT-Black

I own it and love it A LOT! Has Evolutions in it that make it scream like hell or sing with a voice from heaven. Awesome axe for the price!

SL2H Soloist-Trans. Red

My Lead Guitar Mostly, can't wait to get it! I plan on putting in a PA-TB1 (Neck) and PA-TB2 (Bridge). Any opinions on those pickups would be great!

KE-3 Kelly- [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Not sure on the color, any pics would be welcome! I plan on putting a JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. Going to be my backup for my Warrior.

Jazz R'- [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Not sure on color for this baby yet either, was hoping someone who owns this would post a pic and tell me how it feels. Going to be my bluesy/clean guitar, and because i always wanted a Jackson Les Paul! No changing the PUPs here.

And then there's this, the only non-Jackson guitar I know I'll buy...

Burns Bison-White with Gold Hardware [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

This will be my single pickup machine, for all of my single coil tones. Supposedly has 8-Way PUP selector, and two way old fashioned trem. I like the gold/white look, kinda like the JEM 777...

Other then above, I am considering a Jackson King V and possibly an Ibanez RG. Other then that I've tried many other companies and Jackson's are what feel good to me. I saw the gallery, and man some people have some great collections here. Saw the pink Jem and Marty Friedman Jackson Les Paul, and felt dizzy. If anyone owns any of the above guitars I'd love to hear about, how it plays/sounds/ etc. This board is awesome, most helpful I've ever been on. Thanks.

Comment

Also, I know the JEM 777 is way better than the Bison, but I'm going for single coil tones here.. More later!

Comment

Working...
                              X