Hippie Soloist came yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hippie Soloist came yesterday

I got a tie-dye USA Soloist. So far it's pretty cool. I got home late so I haven't even plugged it in yet. Neck feels nice, good frets, desperately needs new strings and a cleaning, has the normal pointy headstock bumps wall/door/whatever ding at the tip. I love the finish. Sounds like a battery banging around in the control cavity - I'm assuming these have active electronics then. I will post pics later.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Hippie Soloist came yesterday

I have a matching tie dye fusion and I debated about getting the matching soloist.

Glad it found a good home. I get all kinds of comments on that guitar every time I drag it out to use live.

It seems like every gig someone wants to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
      Was that the one that was recently on eBay?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the one. It's the reason I didn't get the Shannon. The Shannon was 200 bucks cheaper but I really like the tie-dye finish.

- Newc

Comment

Cool and congrat's-- [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Can't wait for the pictures.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Was that the one that was recently on eBay? I was lusting after that one...but I've got my Soloist now, and I'm going to have to wait until the wife leaves on a trip or something to sneak another into the house... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim:
            I really like the tie-dye finish.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too,I want one sooooooo bad!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Still haven't had a chance to plug it in if you can believe that but I took some quick pics:

- Newc

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Man you got a beautiful axe there [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] !!!
                Wanna sell it? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] (j/k,BUT, if you ever do ...)

Comment

Originally posted by dan:
                  [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Man you got a beautiful axe there [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] !!!
                  Wanna sell it? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] (j/k,BUT, if you ever do ...)
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bro, name your price. Everything is for sale, it's just a matter of finding the sweet spot (hint: it is a lot more than what I paid for it [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] ).

- Newc

Comment

Bro, very nice guitar. I love it. Congrats. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think the funniest thing would be seeing someone shredding some metal on a guitar with that finish...it's too hippie-ish for actual "hippie" music...and the jackson neck and headstock is too offset from a hippie style to work right, so then with the dye finish, it's so obscure, I like it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
                      Nick

Comment

that guitar just does not do it for me. It would have to be like a super player for me to play it.

Comment

Wow, that's beautiful! And the great thing is that you'll never lose sight of it on a dark stage... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X