USA SLSMG Soloist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA SLSMG Soloist!

OK so I've accepted the study at Griffith University in Australia....and I'm feeling this strong G.A.S. to celebrate it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I mean...I can't show up there with anything but USA-made axe right?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Do any of you own a SLSMG? Tell me about your experience with it? I was just checking out the one at Matt's Music....Matt if you're reading this can you hook me up with more pictures especially interested in pics of Violin Brown! just e-mail me what you got at [email protected]

thanks a lot,

- Rune. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: USA SLSMG Soloist!

If you want a USA-made guitar, why would you buy the japanese SLSMG?

Comment

you can't get the MG series guitars in violin brown. as far as I know...trans black is the cloest thing you'll be able to get. and that sint' very close to violin brown. oh yeah....all MG series guitars are made in Japan. thre is no such thing as a USA SLSMG.

I would suggest finding a SL-3 or maybe you can fin da SL-4 on ebay, they're discontinued but it'd have the 2 humbucker config that an SLS MG has. SL-3's are readily available though...and in violin brown if that's what your heart is set on.

Comment

what a bummer...I mixed it up!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

the specs looks pretty decent though, neck-through, mahogany body, good pickups etc.

still interested in pic's! I have pics of a KV-4 in VB but would really like to see some of that particular guitar.

it says on Matt's site you can have it in either Satin Black or Violin Brown....check out:
        http://www.mattsmusic.com/jacksoninventory.htm

"SLSMG Violin Brown
        Call or email for price"

there is even a small pic of it there!

also, do you have any cool SL2H's coming in Matt?

- Rune.

[ December 11, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Rune The Axeman ]

Comment

You may have better luck if you just emailed him.

Comment

I just did!

Sorry, but I got a little excited! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            the G.A.S. got to my head...

- Rune.

Comment

The SLSMG is in fact available in violin brown, I believe. Matt is a super-nice guy, so don´t hesitate to do business with him. Give him a call or shoot him an e-mail.

Comment

I stand corrected. Still isn't U>S>A though.

Comment

Has anyone got an enlarged pic of and Jackson with a Violin brown finish. I would like to see it plz. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I can easily see why he'd think it's USA though. It's the only MG Series Jackson with an ebony board and it's neckthrough. Seems to stand out amongst the other MG guitars. I swear, if that guitar had a Floyd or a JT580LP, I'd be all over that guitar. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

This year they came out with the USA SLS Soloist, but it's got 22 frets and the double sharkfin inlays, and a hardtail bridge instead of the TOM. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...no=SLS_Soloist
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love that SLS [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

That SLS body also seems like a slightly different shape than the SLSMG or any other Soloist/Dinky body. Very cool though. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

you are right, I am absolutely stoked about the features on this guitar, if you look at the specs the only thing it's missing is pearl inlays and a "made in USA" sticker [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

* mahogany body w/carved top
                            * mahogany neck-thru construction
                            * bound ebony fretboard & headstock
                            * EMG pickups w/boost system(though they are passive..)

I believe a USA made guitar with these specs would amount to well over twice the price...
                            From what I've read about the HZ's I'd probably have to change the pups in that baby tho'!

Spent the afternoon listening to SD samples, I like what I hear of the screamin' demon but I'm not convinced it will be "metal enough" for me!

I'm waiting for Matt to answer my inquiry about it, can't hardly wait! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

cheers,

- Rune. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

There's no boost on the SLSMG, as far as I know. There's just the master tone and master volume.

Ahhh, those Seymour Duncan samples on the website are rather useless to me anyways. I was considering getting some SD pickups for my KE3, and spent FOREVER listening to the SD samples to decide which ones would give me a great tone. There's no way to tell what the pickups will sound like in YOUR guitar with YOUR setup, so I just randomly bought some EMGs on Ebay and it turned out I made some awesome choice I probably would not have gotten had I based my purchase on those SD samples.

Alright, this old geezer is done a-ramblin'. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X