1985 Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Rhoads

New geetar boys, I wanted it so bad and today was my birthday...so I figured that was as good a reason as any to spoil myself.

This one does NOT stop the rock.

Re: 1985 Rhoads

That is one gorgeous guitar sir. You should be thoroughly happy. I am green with envy. What a guitar!!!!!!

Comment

Is that from Chris' Guitars?

Comment

reason enough, man. Congrats!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
          Is that from Chris' Guitars?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, yes it is!

Comment

Nice Rhoads. There was a similar one on eBay with a Floyd/Schaller that I decided to wait that one out, after the roasting I took a while back on a backdoored King V attempt...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I saw that Rhoads at Chris' booth at the Philly show (I may have seen it at the Saratoga Springs show as well). You are lucky I found enough parts to eat up my money at the Philly show as I was going to buy that Rhoads along with a Soloist he had. I only had a few hundred more than the cost of the Soloist, so I had to pass. It is a nice score!

Comment

Happy birthday, my bithday is tomorrow and I'm getting a black rhoads with gold pinstripes from my wife. Hopefully I get it on Monday

Comment

Awesome score bro [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !! Almost grabbed that one myself(& would've if it wasn't for X-mas & teenagers!!LOL!!)Are ya gonna change the pickup rings back to black?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

It's an 85'. Scouted that one out for him myself! Chris' is a great guy and you should love the axe! I'll be at his New years party if anyone would like me to check anything out for them.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      nuff said

Comment

It's an 85'. Scouted that one out for him myself! Chris' is a great guy and you should love the axe! I'll be at his New years party if anyone would like me to check anything out for them.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man, I really appreciate it. At first I thought there was no way in hell that the deal could be real, because I've never seen a San Dimas below $1,200. And really, even being one of the guys who used to run a Jackson Tribute site, although mine was absolute shit, I never thought I would see one for $950. But I vowed If I did, Id scoop it up like the world fastest man, skydiving in to deliver a cieling fan. Haha. Sounds corny, but I got so much shit for it for so long for having one of those sites and not having ANY decent jacksons...So now, every time I see it I have to punch myself in the face to know that I this guitar is mine is as real as this mornings breakfast and irrevocable PAIN, seems to be a good mixture for me.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER:
                        Are ya gonna change the pickup rings back to black?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eventually, The first order of business is getting it set up for my sound--.010-.052 strings...Whole step down, etc...

What kind of pickups do this era jacksons have?

[ December 13, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: dethritual ]

Comment

very sweet was eyeing that same axe.....congrats!
                          www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

very cool i saw that at chris's & thought if it was a string thru or even a OFR it would be mine. I just sold my last Kahler'd guitar early this year & vowed not to buy another one ever.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
                              very cool i saw that at chris's & thought if it was a string thru or even a OFR it would be mine. I just sold my last Kahler'd guitar early this year & vowed not to buy another one ever.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey man, I got a question...Seeing as you saw it in person, can you verify that serial # is an 1985 serial?

Its my new [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

AWWWWWW!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X