No announcement yet.

Problem with Schaller trem need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Schaller trem need help!!!

Hey guys,
    I need some help here. I got a really sweat Jackson USA Snake Skin, I think it is a custom.
    It was made in the 80's. The problem is that the Jackson Licensed Schaller will not stay in tune. It will not return to the neutral position after you hit a dive or pull back. It will go out of tune by a few cents # of b.I have determined that it is the Floyd mounting studs.Well guess what they are the big diameter ones that you cannot buy anymore, at least I havn't been able to find them and the local guitar tech can't get them either. I really like this guitar want to fix it, it is useless as is.
    Anyone know were to get these studs or have a fix for this.
    Thanks!

Re: Problem with Schaller trem need help!!!

Try StuMac or Harris Teller they may have them. Guitar shows will be happening in the spring and summer if you can wait that long.
    Another option is to put dowls in the post holes and re-drill them for the smaller posts. You could also try turning the posts a bit to see if it still stays flat or sharp after use. Make sure all the parts (posts and blades) are clean and free of rust and oxidation and they aren;t flat too.
    Gil

Comment

Are the posts screwed directly into the wood or are they like the current style that screw into metal sleeve inserts?
      I have a spare set of the woodscrew type (all one piece, no inserts) I can send along if you need them.
      If they are the type that screw into the inserts (like on the Model series Charvels) you can contact Easton Guitars and see if Kevin has some. I got a mint set of JT-6 style posts (fat, insert-style) from him a while back [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc,
        They screw into inserts. The inserts are much larger than the ones currently avalible for the floyd.The inserts look to be close to an inch in diameter then the posts screw into them.
        You think Easton might have these?
        Thanks for the response!
        SD

Comment

I posted that the inserts were an inch in diameter, my bad, they are half inch. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X