Help! 2003 finish pics anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! 2003 finish pics anyone?

Hey guys...I'm new to the board, and a soon-to-be Jackson owner!

I laid down all my cash I've been saving for the past year at my local music store today to have my dealer order me an SL-1.

Jackson's site stinks for pics of the guitars in the new colors. (or for any color for that matter!)

I've searched EVERYWHERE (Even in this forum) and I can't find any pics of Raspberry Burst, Trans Cobalt Blue, or Faded Wine Red ANYWHERE!!!

Can anyone post pics or links I can take a look?

I'd sincerely appreciate it!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Help! 2003 finish pics anyone?

You'll have to change your name then! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah...I've thought about that [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea me and shreddermon have the raspberry burst and it is a killer trans color. If you search for dk1 in the Jackson USA Guitars section scroll down to dk1 arrives naam I mean namm catalog you will see some good pics of the raspberry burst. There also are pics of the others just keep searching.

Comment

Thanks a million!!

I've been driving myself crazy trying to pick out a color! I mean, I'm not rich, so whatever I get is what I've got to live with, so I really want to make the right call.

Does anyone know why Jackson/Fender is so bad about posting their colors on their site? They don't have a color chart! And when looking at the little square for the Trans Cobalt Blue, you'd have NO IDEA it was a burst finish! Same for the Faded Wine Red. Very frustrating.... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

on the old Jackson site they actually let you select the different finishes for each one, and it showed the entire guitar in that finish... it was very cool.......

::::::::::HINT:::::::::::HINT:::::::::::

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah! I remember that! That was cool!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My raspberry burst DK1...

Comment

This thread has a pic of a trans cobolt blue axe...

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...1;t=001821;p=1

I have yet to see any good pics of FWR on a USA Select. Would be curious to see it myself.

Comment

You're one lucky Shredderman!

BTW...is the back of the guitar black, or does it burst like the front?

Comment

It's black.

Comment

wow, that's a an absolute beauty you got there shreddermon!! kick ass! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Comment

Thanks again guys!

Man....Tans Cobalt Blue or Rasperry Burst? Both are GEORGOUS!

Is the SLS pictured in the "New gear for Summer NAMM 2003" section the Faded Wine Red?

Did anyone else notice that the link to that guitar is dead? For the past 2 days I keep getting " ERROR: Product detail not found."

Oh well... win some lose some.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help guys. This forum ROCKS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DinkyDoug:
                            Is the SLS pictured in the "New gear for Summer NAMM 2003" section the Faded Wine Red?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. According to the 2003 catalog, that is a "custom finish". See the "resources" section above.

BTW, the DK1 in my pic is the one from the catalog, as also shown at summer NAMM. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X