Question on eerie dess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on eerie dess

I just picked up my 2nd SL2H today and its an eerie dess finish.at first i almost didnt buy it as my other guitars are pretty much all solid black, and this one at first looked black also.but when it hit the light i saw the finish and it was a great deal so i grabbed it but my question is why is the finish on the U.S model so much darker then the import model [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] thanks in advance for the knowledge i am about to recieve [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Question on eerie dess

They must use brighter lights in the paint booth when they paint the imports.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Maybe the USA shop should get better lights so their eerie dess paint jobs comes out better [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

he he
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

From what I understand, the import finish is done by machine unlike the USA models which are done by hand. I also believe that 'stage' result from the imports is less 'WOWing' then that of the USA's. I do know that the USA finish is done in stages.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

There are also so many variations on EDS. I have Fusion from 1991 and it's nearly black. But my 1993 Soloist looks like a lit up holograph, very bright. Then again, others highlight the reds, the purples, the greens, so it all depends.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
        X