Pics of Euphoria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Euphoria?

Does anyone have good pictures of this finish?

I realize that transparent finishes vary from guitar-to-guitar but, from the few pictures I've ben able to see, this finish seems to have spanned a pretty wide spectrum. Much more so than Jackson's other trans-colors. I've seen it as:

- a nice medium-dark purple-burst [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    - a deep red-to-purple 'burst [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    - a nasty nearly-pink shade of red. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

I can't figure out what this color was really supposed to be. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Will the real Euphoria please stand up?

If you've got a PC1 in it and/or can post a pic that you feel reasonably represents the true color, please do. Thanks for the help! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

(Yes, I checked Brooks' web site. Not much there in this finish. And BTW, no, this is not a hypothetical question. It's in the running to go on a custom shop order.)

Re: Pics of Euphoria?

Euphoria was definitely a pink finish. That is pretty much all I know.
    Brian

Comment

Found these with a quick search:

Comment

Yep, saw all of those already. Thanks for the effort, though. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Mostly, they look like light purple-ish to me there. But - except for the last one - the pics look like the "brightness" was turned way up. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm thinking the body colors are overexposed in these pics.

Euphoria was not "definitely" a pink finish. It may have turned out to have a pink-ish hue on some guitars, but I doubt that's what Jackson originally intended for the color to be. I'm thinking it may have been a hard transparent scheme to consistently replicate, shade-wise. So I'm trying to find some good pics to accurately represent what Jackson really wanted it to look like. (...purpleburst? red-to-purple 'burst? Something else?) Or maybe it really was pink, and I'm just wishful thinking? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well the first one is taken with a flash, no doubt, so that's not accurate. The next two are taken with a very bright ambient light, so they look good overall. The third one is way too underexposed.

I usually modify this pic of an ibanez guitar to see what all different burst colors look like. I just made these two. I like'em both, these are colors I'd like to see on soloists.

Comment

This is Phil's and has not been altered at all.

www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Just an idea I had, if you're into the purple thing, I suggest a Purpleheart top with just a clear coat. That would look really sharp.

Comment

Here is a picture

http://www.mitercraft.com/images_tem...e_PBminiLG.jpg

And you get an idea of gold hardware with the brass hooks. Ow Ow!

Comment

Thanks guys. Gotta narrow down the (too many) custom order ideas I've got floating in my head.

The purpleheart looks very cool, but too plain figuring-wise. I wonder what the tone is like, though. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X