Soloist Guitars SL1 and SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Guitars SL1 and SL2H

I have often wondered what inspires Jackson players to buy a Soloist and how a decision is reached to choose between a SL1 or SL2H

I for one have a SL1 that I absolutely love. I was inspired to buy mine from a pic I saw of Troy Stetina with a HSS Jackson at a time when I was trying to get his sound. I can nail his sound now. My SL1 always brings a smile to my face.

Re: Soloist Guitars SL1 and SL2H

I got my SL2H because I was planning on forming a Slayer tribute band (I was going to play the Hanneman part).
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

All of my Soloists are what would be considered SL1's I suppose. Basically, I prefer the hum/sing/sing p'up combination. I can have a thick, chunky sound and get that Strat, bell-like sound from the single coils. I guess I could have a coil tap put in if I had a dual hum Soloist but I've gotten so used to this setup over the years, I just prefer it.
      AS far as why I prefer the Soloist over most other shapes....the Soloist is just the sexiest, introverted yet violent looking guitar around. Sort of like driving a car that's a sleeper. Every body thinks it's a pooch til you stomp the gas pedal thru the firewall and the car takes off like a scalded dog. That's how I feel about the Soloist. It's balanced, has that refined, Strat shape, it's compact, and with the best headstock in the business, it just does it for me. I aalso have some USA Rhoads and I use them for any Ozzy, Maiden, Pantera-type stuff we do.
      I guess it's just whatever you like. Just my opinion tho'.

Comment

Ever seen a 60's belvedere station wagon with a beefed HEMI under the hood?

Thats like what Tom is saying about the soloist.
        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          I got my SL2H because I was planning on forming a Slayer tribute band (I was going to play the Hanneman part).
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not pretty enough
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds cool Ron! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Are you still thinking of doing it, or did you ditch those plans?

Anders

Btw, I got my SL2H because it's probably one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen, plus I wanted two humbuckers! And it's in black of course! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I got my SL2H because it was an amazing deal and now im hooked on jackson. best guitar ive ever played. and my next one will be an SL1 for the versatility you mentioned [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I prefer SL2Hs. The middle SC on the SL1 always interferes with my picking. Now if they offered a Single/Hum combo like in they used to. Also I have no need for SCs in the neck. I like the warmer tone of a humbucker up there.

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I do not own a Soloist, but since my guitar is Hum/S/S, I figured I would give my opinion. I will not say that it is more versatile, because 2 hums could easily be split, ect. Reasons for me that I do not have 2 hum guitars.
                  1) PC1s do not come that way.
                  2) The middle pickup does not get in the way for me.
                  3) I am very satisfied with the sounds I get out of my guitar as is.
                  4) MOST OF ALL!!! All jacksons rule, so as long as you own one, your cool as hell in my book. (get it, haha, lame I know).

Comment

I bought a Black SL2H beause Jacksons are the best shredder on the market, bar none!! Now, the other reason is I don`t use anyhting but the bridge humbucker, so if they made an SL1H with only 1 Humbucker that would even be better for me, oh the dreams I have in my head [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I have a few different pickup configurations. I guess if I had to pick one Soloist, it would be a two humbucker with Floyd Rose.

Comment

I have been playing an older (74) strat for years and was looking for a guitar with hotter sound (humbuckers),floyd rose and 24 fret neck thru with great sustain.After doing much research and playing many guitars at different stores it didn't take long to realize the sl2-h was the best guitar for me even beating out some other more expensive brands.You just can't beat the cost to quality ratio on Jacksons.
                        Oh...I decided on the sl2-h because I didn't need any more single coil sound.I can get all I need on the strat.
                        Guess which guitar I play the most. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Decude between a SL1 and an SL2H? Hell no I bought both. And the SL2H had coil tapped pups.
                          SO there. Naaaaaaaaah. The reason I bought them? The SL2 was my first US Jackson and I got it used for stupid cheap. He SL1 is an Eeri Dess swirl Need I say more?
                          Gil

Comment

I would like to have one or two of each. As well as a RR1. Maybe someday! But I picked the SL2H first, as I seem to lean more to the 2H configuration. To be honest I rarely use the bridge pickup no matter the configuration. But I really like the look of the SL1's.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds cool Ron! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Are you still thinking of doing it, or did you ditch those plans?

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Anders!
                              Well, my guitarist (KK part) moved to another county (70 miles away) - reason: to provide better for his family (cheaper houses).
                              Then, the drummer who had agreed to be in the project got hired by Joey Belladonna, then that was on hold, now he's in Dreams of Damnation (in addition to local tribute Hangar 18). That is Dave Chedrick
                              http://www.megadethtribute.com/DaveBio.asp

who also actually auditioned for Slayer a couple years ago.

So, to answer your question, I guess the plans are on hold! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X