Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Double Rhoads/King Vee

Couple of points here:

1) I think that 20 years after the fact, it's safe to say that Mustaine is no longer hung-up on the Metallica thing...epecially after they dumped that hunk of crap album recently.

2) Mustaine is not a sloppy player in the least. I've seen Megadeth live and he's dead on...not to mention he's doing all those hard as hell rhythms while singing too.

Thank-you and goodnight.

Comment

So Mustaine is not hung up on Metallica? Let's consider the facts:
      -Was using BC Rich in Metallica, and in Megadeth. Hetfield was using Gibson.
      -Hetfield used a King V on the MOP tour, soon after, Dave was seen with a black KV.
      -Whined about the Monsters Of Rock tour when Kirk was doing his solo spot, saying it should have been him. This was when Megadeth were enjoying the ride of one of their biggest-selling albums, and Megadeth was being recognized as Metallica's equal.
      -Metallica went pop, Megadeth went pop.
      -Lars Loves Money, Dave Loves Money (Lars sees Napster as a $$ threat, Dave sees continued Y2KV and Signature KV production as a $$ threat).
      -Hetfield uses ESP, Dave uses ESP.

Mustaine just ain't happy about being kicked from Metallica. For all the things he bashed them for, he did the same (i.e. going soft, giving in to the record company's demands for a Radio-Friendly single, forgetting the fans that originally put them on top who said "whatever your new band is, make it harder and faster than Metallica", etc etc).

While it's no small feat to be able to play those rhythms, it's even more impressive to do them and sing at the same time. 'Sweating Bullets' is easy, 'Lucretia' is almost easy, 'Holy Wars' is tricky because you have to watch that you follow the vocal melody, not the guitar melody, but there are some others that I cannot begin to fathom how he pulls off live.
      But he needs to stop whining.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does that have to do with your argument? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

they both had extra cutaways on the treble side of the guitar. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
            -Hetfield used a King V on the MOP tour, soon after, Dave was seen with a black KV.
            -Whined about the Monsters Of Rock tour when Kirk was doing his solo spot, saying it should have been him. This was when Megadeth were enjoying the ride of one of their biggest-selling albums, and Megadeth was being recognized as Metallica's equal.
            -Metallica went pop, Megadeth went pop.
            -Lars Loves Money, Dave Loves Money (Lars sees Napster as a $$ threat, Dave sees continued Y2KV and Signature KV production as a $$ threat).
            -Hetfield uses ESP, Dave uses ESP.

Mustaine just ain't happy about being kicked from Metallica. For all the things he bashed them for, he did the same (i.e. going soft, giving in to the record company's demands for a Radio-Friendly single, forgetting the fans that originally put them on top who said "whatever your new band is, make it harder and faster than Metallica", etc etc).

While it's no small feat to be able to play those rhythms, it's even more impressive to do them and sing at the same time. 'Sweating Bullets' is easy, 'Lucretia' is almost easy, 'Holy Wars' is tricky because you have to watch that you follow the vocal melody, not the guitar melody, but there are some others that I cannot begin to fathom how he pulls off live.
            But he needs to stop whining.

Newc
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I still don't buy that he's hooked on Metallica. I mean how many people play pointy guitars?? So everyone that likes a pointy V guitar is hung up on Metallica? And he had an endorsement with Jackson and went to ESP..big deal...I have no idea how that supports being hung up on Metallica. And the napster example is just silly IMO.

Comment

DIE THREAD HI-JACKER! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Nobody gives a shit. get off the soap box before the suds get it slippery and you end up hurting yourself.

I would like to see some more V's and Rhoads pics please! more more more! screw metallica and Mustaine. no one cares!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What does that have to do with your argument? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's called 'Background info' - I knew if I had not included it, someone would feel compelled to add it [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And no, not everyone who uses pointy guitars is copying Metallica - Mustaine is "following" Metallica (Hetfield) in his brand/career choices. If you note each time Metallica's success rate jumps, Dave does something either image-wise or musically to copy them - Hetfield used a King V, Mustaine got one, Metallica had 'One' (song about war), Megadeth had 'Holy Wars' (song about war), etc etc. Yes, war is a very common topic for Metal songs, but there are other indisputable similarities I noticed a while back (which I'll be happy to find again and note as evidence sometime this week).

Your head cannot be so far up Mustaine's ass to not see how he's chased Metallica step by step every inch of the way instead of doing his thing on his own, without regard for Metallica. Mustaine is a large reason for Metallica's success - he chased them so hard they had to pull double-duty to stay ahead of him. Had they not, Megadeth would have been on top before them.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I agree that Mustaine definitely chased Metallica earlier in their career and throughout the entire 80's and even early 90's...but 2000 and later...I really dont' think he cares that much anymore. Just my opinion though.

Comment

ok guys,

dave IS obsessed with gaytallica! there is no piont in arguing that.

he never has and never will let it go.

he's followed them down the toilet nipping at thier heels the whole way.

i have low expectations for the DM solo album.

"even Marty Friedman says its going to kick ass"

well buddy, incase you haven't heard lately. Marty don't care about metal anymore. so of course he's going to make a comment like that.

don't get me wrong, i would love it if Dave put out an album that kicks ass. but it won't happen till Gaytallica becomes Metallica again. in other words, its not happenning.

get over it.

sorry to offend some of you but this is the truth.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

BTW, Dave wrote half of metallica's best songs
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                        X