My Stryper Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Stryper Rhoads

I just got it back from JCFer Trillian Guitars and it is great!

This is the older RR-1 I got from JCFer The Nine and it is a player. I dropped it off with Doug to be refinned like Michael Sweet's RR-1T about 2 months before the Stryper concert in Oct. Doug didn't have it quite finished for the show but it was done enough that I could have the 4 guys from Stryper sign it.

Doug set it up for me with action even lower than it was before and it plays awesome. He did a very fine job with the refin, also. Thanks, Doug! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Sorry about the lousy pics.

Re: My Stryper Rhoads

I love that guitar! The only thing I would do is tape off the trem route and spray it black, the overspray looks a little cheap...

Comment

That's killer!

Comment

Congrats that is a sweet guitar. Love the color.

Comment

wow Fritz! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you have pics of the back? Does it have the 777? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool Fritz. Congrats.

Comment

Ahhh... Stryper. The good guy's in yellow & black. I don't care what anyone says, they just flat ROCK! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I have the video "Live in Tokyo". What are they doing these days? The last album I bought was "In GOD we Trust". They had gone mainstream (kind of dissapointing actually). Have they got back to their roots? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

nice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
                      Ahhh... Stryper. What are they doing these days? Have they got back to their roots? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, where you been, sir? The guys reformed last year and did a US tour.

http://www.stryper.com/

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinDoug:
                        Ahhh... Stryper. The good guy's in yellow & black. I don't care what anyone says, they just flat ROCK! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I have the video "Live in Tokyo". What are they doing these days? The last album I bought was "In GOD we Trust". They had gone mainstream (kind of dissapointing actually). Have they got back to their roots? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doug, if you do a search in Artists and Their Gear threads, you will see some reviews of their shows in the last 3 months. I saw them twice in VA and they rocked!

Many Axes: I noticed the overspray when I picked it up, but just decided to live with it for the time being. Trillian Guitars (Doug) is producing his own line of guitars and is out of the refin biz, so it probably would have been another couple of months before he would have been able to get to this one.

Comment

fritz...that is a very sweet axe. I'm not big on graphic guitars, but I've always wanted a Stryper paint job...very freakin' cool.

I saw Stryper on this last tour and they did indeed rock. Best show I've ever seen...PERIOD.

Comment

Nice axe! It's nice to see another Stryper fan. I saw the guys in Cleveland, and it was a great show. The mix was absolutely HORRIBLE, however. It seems they tour with their own sound company, but you could'nt tell! Most of their stuff has harmonized solos, and the sound guy never caught on until the solo was almost over.

The most surprising part was their equipment. Peavey Triple XXX heads and cabs, and Peavey Wolfgang guitars for Mike. Hmmmm....I wonder if they got endorsed by someone....

I was a little dissapointed Oz played his Wayne signature axe for most the show. I think he strapped on his bandolier Jackson Sl-2 for one song, and the rest on his signature axe.

Anyway, it's cool to see them pumping it out still. Enjoy the axe brother!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I asked Michael Sweet if he would sell me his Rhoads v and he said that he will never part with that guitar... he say's it's too sentimental for him. He said he does not take it out if its case at all.

I saw their latest tour and they rocked! Michael is still just as amazing as ever! Robert seemed kind of bored at times... kind of expressionless.....hmmmmm it could just have been me... don't know!

Diego

Comment

Working...
                              X