Just bought a Red Rum PC1...end of my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Red Rum PC1...end of my story

Well, after selling my Root Beer PC1 last September, I have been in a piss poor mood. Even after my wife bought me a DK2 to hold me over until I could find a Red Rum and the rest of the money, too; I have just not been very happy. But, today that has ended, and my new PC1 is on its way, hopefully in my hands by this Friday!
    I can't believe nobody from this board hit this deal up. It was on ebay for about 10 weeks or so. The price was at $1499 for ever, and then I called to see if the price could come down and they lowered it to $1299, but I still didn't have my DK2 sold and I needed that money for the PC1. Ahhh, well my DK2 sold yesterday and I made the call today and they still had it, just hadn't relisted it on ebay. Lucky me, it is an awesome PC1, the quilt on the body and flame on the fingerboard is simply awesome. I can't wait to see it in person. Here are the pics from the seller. Enjoy...the pics that is!
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Brian

Re: Just bought a Red Rum PC1...end of my story

Very nice. Cant wait to see the PC1's at NAMM next week...

Brooks
    www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Very Nice!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Maybe the reason it was on ebay so long is due to the seller. I talked to him about a soloist a few weeks ago. He came down on the price to match the going rate of other Jackson dealers, then backed out when I was ready to pay. He acted like a real ASS. Told me he would loose $$ at that price. Two weeks later, he lowered his price to $9.00 above my offer. He relisted it at least 6 times after that. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Thanks Brooks and Doug.
        Yeah, the guy was kind of weird, but I got my new PC1 for cheaper than I sold my used one on ebay!

Comment

Sweet. Great score! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love that red...wow. I think all the compartments on the back are a little much, but it's on the back. And the gold looks great, the maple is awesome, and it looks sweet.

Cheers,
            Nick

Comment

God buy in that PC1

I remember seeing it on the bay a few times as well.

You got a smoking deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Misanthrope189:
                I think all the compartments on the back are a little much, but it's on the back.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What are you talking about? A guy's gotta put his gum, keys, spare change, rubbers, touch-up stage make-up, bottle opener somewhere!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

nice one dude ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Wow, I am very jealous at the cost. Nice buy! Now we have matching guitars! Yay!

Comment

I wonder what a rum & rootbeer tastes like? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

j/k Cool finish. Congrats.

Comment

Way to go. I played my PC1 for a while last night. I hate trems, and I hate bolt-ons, but I absolutely love my chlorine PC1. Go figure.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

VitaminG
                          Member # 6 posted January 06, 2004 02:11 AM
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally posted by Misanthrope189:
                          I think all the compartments on the back are a little much, but it's on the back.

What are you talking about? A guy's gotta put his gum, keys, spare change, rubbers, touch-up stage make-up, bottle opener somewhere!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Seriously, that Floyd Rose Sustainer takes up some space, gotta put it somewhere!

Comment

RockBrigadePC1
                            Member # 1503 posted January 06, 2004 05:28 PM
                            Now we have matching guitars! Yay!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool...maybe we can form a Red Rum club!

Comment

Thee PC-1 is one great axe for sure. I have a chlorine that I dont use nearly as much as I should since I am not a Floyd guy, but I love the sustainer. For my non Floyd PC moments I use my PC-2's. Great axes as well, and I love the way the necks feel on those things. Heres the USA PC family.

Comment

Working...
                              X