Just bought a Red Rum PC1...end of my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought a Red Rum PC1...end of my story

Thanks for sharing your PC's danhops. Your chlorine PC1 is awesome! I wonder why Jackson decided not to make the PC1's with the natural mahogony backs, because now they are slightly painted/stained the color of the top.

Comment

I much prefer the stained back. I bought my PC1 from Matt at OSG sight-unseen, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the back was stained dark blue instead of natural. I may be in the minority, but hey, I'm happy! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I much rather prefer the natural backs...so much classier.

Comment

WHOAH! Red Rum looks great! congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the PC1. You'll want another one soon..I know I do!

On a side note, I haven't seen the new PC1's with the stained back in person, just in pics. So I can't say for sure, but right now I think I like the unstained back better. I like the contrast the Mohagany makes with the transparent color. Plus, the grain on the Mohagany looks better with a clear coat on it. But, maybe I will see the other ones at NAMM and compare in person.

Again, congrats on the PC1.

Ken

Comment

Thanks Ken. Both of my PC1's have had the stained back and I think it looks really good. But, I was only wondering why Jackson made that decision to do this. I'll take pictures of my Red Rum soon and post them. I really really really love the guitar. I might be a little biased here, but it is the best PC1 I have ever seen either in person or in pictures!

Comment

Working...
              X