Korina ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korina ?

I've heard that import of Korina/Limba has been restricted into the U.S., but I'm getting mixed search results. Jackson obviously lists it on their order form, but they probably have a big stash of it. Warmoth claims that "Availability is limited or sporadic." This site carries it and says it not really threatened, according to the World Conservation Monitoring Center in 1992. I checked the WCMC and they're online database didn't have much info, and I know that korina has become much more scarce since 1992, so their citation isn't very useful 12 years later.

Re: Korina ?

even if its not allowed its still out there. brazillian rosewood & koa are both protected & both are available for guitars, its not cheap & its gettin more expensive. but its been on that list since the early 90's

Comment

Cool site, thanks.
      I know that Hamer has a huge old stash. They keep making some models w/it. I think it is stupid for them to waste it on their Semi-Hollow bodies.
      Three years ago, or so, Gibson was making custom shop LP's w/ Korina back's & necks. I think they stil sell some extremely over priced '67' V's. They might be NOS & not current production.
      IMHO, I think the quality of Warmoth's Korina & Mahogany is not very high.
      Ibenhead, most Korean axe's are advertised as Mahogany; in reality the wood is pallet-grade at best. The Epi Korina's, if really Korina, are poor
      or low grade pieces.

Comment

When I was at the CS last Jan. they said they have enough Korina in stock for a while...I'm sure it's still an option and definitely available.

- Joel
        RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
        RIP Dime

Comment

Yes I agree, I almost ordered a guitar with a Koa body. It is supposed to sound very nice...and I have seen some very cool looking pieces of figured korina.

Comment

Korina ?

Off hand, does anyone know if Korina is an option
            from the Custom Shop?
            I heard rumors ( Pre-Fender ) That it was not available.
            Thanks

Comment

Did you try this?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/custshopquote/

Comment

Thanks.
                It is still listed as a Boody Wood option.

Comment

Body! Damn.

Comment

Working...
                  X