Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Break out the Diapers! IT'S HERE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Break out the Diapers! IT'S HERE!

My...baby... is... here! Can't..see...keyboard...through...tears...in...eye s.

This is my brand new Trand Cobalt Blue SL-2H!
    Take a look! This is exactly what an untouched Jackson looks like right out of the box from the factory!

Notice how someone wrote in Trans Blue, then scratched it off and changed it to TCBL. The build tag on the shipping box is also the same. Interesting...

Turden,...I was really curious if it was going to be a solid blue, or a burst, but obviously it appears that Jackson is making them in a burst. You may want to have your dealer double check what the story is. By what I've seen, yours looks just like Trans Blue. The build date on mine is 12/4/03. Either way, your axe is still sweet!!!

I need to go spend time with my new baby. Pray for me!!! Life is GOOD!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: IT\'S HERE! IT\'S HERE! Break out the Diapers! IT\'S HERE!

Dude, that axe is seriously killer!!! Awesome score, congrats to you!!

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Oh yeah, I love that finish.
      Congratulations on your sweet new guitar!

Brian

Comment

Very Nice !! I just recieved my new SL2H to day also. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Vewry sweet color!! I just picked up my New Black SL2H on Friday, I just love everything about it!! I may keep the JB, I might not, so far so good, it doesn`t sound bad in it. Also, this is the heaviest SL2H I have ever picked up, I love that it is a heavey beast, all of my guitars are [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Nice one! I've never seen the year on a hang tag with just the last digit of the four.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks guys!

Yeah Charvel, the hang tag has a few things I've not seen in others. The correction of the color, the odd way the date was written in, and they way KG totally missed the box for his neck dress stamp. He must hae picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (that's a reference to Airplane the Movie, in case someone missed it) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I LOVE this axe! I think I'll start saving for a Bolted Steel SL-1 next. I just hope I can stand the 4-6 month wait.

Comment

Sweet!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey DinkyDoug, first of all it's TDurden (like Tyler Durden), not Turden. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don't think mine is Trans Blue, cause it's very dark, even though it doesn't have the black burst on the edges. Darker than mine would be close to black. I had a very strong sun light when I took the pics. To me it seems that mine is the same color as yours, without the burst. Mine is also a mahogany, which has a thicker maple top than a normal SL2H, this might change how the color looks, even if you use the exact same paint.

My dealer was Kevin Easton, a guy we are taught to trust on this board. He was surpried by the finish on my guitar when he received it. He tried to find out why it had such a finish by calling Jackson and from what I understood they told him that the finish on my guitar is the way Trans Cobalt Blue is going to be from now on. He even had a rep come and take a look at it. So I thought that this has to be the case when companies change stuff without telling us, you know when they print "Product specifications may change without notice", so I accepted it. Now obviously this is not the case, cause your guitar has been built after mine (has a greater serial number), so somebody hasn't been telling the truth at some point. Or maybe they do it in a different way on mahogany than on alder/maple, but that is just speculation and it'd be great to get a confirmation on this.

I'll send a mail to Kevin and ask him if he can give us an answer in this thread.

Comment

Nice trans blueburst finish DinkyDoug! Hey toejam, do you like gladiator movies?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet! Love the new finish. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88:
                        Very Nice !! I just recieved my new SL2H to day also. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AHA!! Trying to subtly sneak one past us, eh? PICS!!!!
                        [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Oops, never mind. I hadn't seen your other thread when I posted this.
                          [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Also, great score, DinkyDoug!
                          [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Sweet color for sure - definitely looks more like a Trans Black/Blue Burst than Cobalt (I had a Cobalt RR1, and it was a way flatter color than that)

As an aside:
                            So after years and years of everyone saying the USA serials are "UO" numbers, we get to hear (see) people descibing them as "UI" numbers [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            They'll figure it out in another 20 years when U20000 hits the floor [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

WOW! Sweet SL2H.

Comment

Working...
                              X