Love those archtops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love those archtops!

Where can I find pics of Jackson Soloist Archtops? I love 'em! I recently ran across the pics posted at Easton Guitars, which are beautiful, but they only whetted my appetite for more! Are there any web sites devoted to the rare and beautiful Jackson Soloist Archtop? And why is it so hard to find a Jackson Soloist Archtop with a Floyd Rose? Everyone loves those Charvel 750 XLs (me included), so why didn't Jackson ever continue with that idea?

While we're at it, what was the deal with those Student models? Those don't look very "student-ish" to me. They look pretty decked out in every respect except for the inlays. I love those too! I've got Archtop fever, and I'm like that bird that's koo koo for Cocoa Puffs! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Love those archtops!

Pics sent dude, I hope you don`t PEE yourself!! Edited to say, I forgot to say in my email that the top is Amber quilted maple [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I updated my impromptu site with a pic of a SLATQH that I got from Jason @ drumcityguitarland.com

http://www.cliffgarrett.com/750xl/Guitar.htm

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What year is that AQUA Soloist! It looks meaty like my 750xl!!!

Comment

Beautiful axe! Thanks for posting it!! That color is very unique.

Comment

I think it's a '90 or '91
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
                I've got Archtop fever, and I'm like that bird that's koo koo for Cocoa Puffs! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to my hell.

As for the website, I'm working on it.

The only difference between the student model and the custom model Archtops are the inlays, unless
                it was custom ordered like Jack's or Steve's.

A quick rundown:
                Orignal USA Archtops, Student and Custom models were made between 1986 and 1994. They have a JA serial number.

The Charvel 750 is similar to the USA Archtops, but have shorter scale (24.75") and set-neck construction. These have a C9xxxxx serial number.
                (1989 only)

The Professional Archtops have a much thinner body than the 750, but otherwise pretty much the same construction. J0xxxxx or J1xxxxx serial number. (1990 - 1991)

In 1999, Jackson brought back the Arhctop as the SLATM and SLAT90. These were not like the originals, but still I give them credit for bringing the Archtop back.

In 2002 Jackson ditched the P-90 and mini-humbuckers on the SLAT and replaced them regular sized Duncans. (And there was much rejoicing!)
                These are the SLATQH models.

ALL SLAT models have a JA serial number.

Eric

Comment

Wow!!!! Ask and ye shall receive! What a beautiful collection you have! Thanks for posting that! I didn't know the 750 had a 24.75" scale! Doggone it, now I want one of those, too! (in addition to a Jackson Custom Shop Archtop Soloist, a Charvel Model 88, a Washburn NX6, a Taylor cutaway acoustic, the list goes on . . . )

Comment

Did you get my pics? Jack.

Comment

I fuggin love that pic....
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Hey Slayer, I just got the pics. Thanks! That guitar is astounding. Just about EXACTLY what I dream of ordering from the Custom Shop.

Comment

How 'bout this one? JA0041 Here are a couple of pics:

[ January 07, 2004, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: EVHwannabe ]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

That is one amazingly beautiful guitar. The flame is incredible. Did you special order a AAAA top or something? And do you know exactly what color that is? I want a top just like that on my eventual Jackson Custom Shop dream guitar, but I'm afraid it won't be that nice. I have an SL4 now which has a mild flame top, and while I like the guitar, that's not the look I want. I want something dramatic like yours. Any idea how one might accomplish that?

Thanks again for the pic! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X