Love those archtops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love those archtops!

I bought it used a few years ago. I can't remember if it was on ebay or not. Probably. If you are going to order one, feel free to send them the pic of mine and tell them to match it.
    Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with an amber top that is quilted or flamed. Also, with these flamed or quilted amber tops, I find that it really depends on the lighting and what angle you look at them. I have an Enie Ball Music Man Axis with quilted amber top, and at just the right angle, it looks awesome, but at other angles when the light is different, it looks kind of "blah". Here it is:

Comment

Here`s a photo of my Soloist Archtop Custom with Floyd: http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=1496404

Comment

I forgot to add that these had an oil finished neck & back of headstock also. They stopped doing this around JA0325 or so I heard.

Comment

Archtop you are DA MAN [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] what a collection [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks!
            Unfortunately I had to sell off a couple of those. And I'm getting ready to sell a few more. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
            But the up side is that I'm trying to raise funds to order another Custom Shop. So..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Does anybody know of an archtop soloist out there with serial # near the JA0240's with humbuckers & shark fin inlays? This was the time that they were making the P90's and the mini hums but I think there were some made with full size hums & the sharks.

Comment

Check this !

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW! What amazing wood!
                  Is this burnt cherry sunburst or tobbacco sunburst? What is the serial #?

If it is BCSB I have on just like it ...I will photo soon

Comment

Wow, thanks for all these great pics, you lucky devils. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

All right, how about this idea, from my dreams: a SPALTED maple top Jackson Soloist Archtop. Anyone ever see one?

Comment

Hey Archtop..those Jacksons are killer. Hats off to ya man. Send me an e-mail with which ones you are still selling. I would be interested in trying to get my hands on one.

Great pic!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X