serial number rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial number rhoads

I`ve been trying to find out when and where my Rhoads were build, but at the serial number section at Jacksonguitars.com you could get quite confused when the number on it is J201103. My axe is an neck-thru,Usa made. I bought it used in 98 or something . Anyone have an idea?

Re: serial number rhoads

Are you aure that is the numbers on the fingerboard at the last fret?

Comment

Almost. Better check once again. That`s why I feel confused at the s.n.section... It`s stamped at the last fret.

Comment

Are you sure it's USA? That looks like a Japaneese neckthrough S/N. Do you have any pics?

Comment

I don`t have any of those fancy cameras, and honestly I don`t know how to post pics either. I`ve always been sure it`s US made, but if it`s not, maybe this should have been a "general jackson/charvel" topic [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          I don`t have the guitar here right now, because I`m not at my home, but I better take a closer look (wonder what I have done the last five years).
          I promise to get some help with pics, because I realy want to sort this out!!!
          If it helps; ebony fretboard, schaller trem...

Comment

It sounds like it's a Rhoads Pro, which were the top of the Professional line (Japanese made). I think, from that serial number, that it's a 1992. Nearly all USA-made Jacksons will say so on the headstock right after the Jackson logo. A few made it out of the custom shop without one, but those aren't too common.

Comment

But all the early Professional models did say "Professional", and with that serial number, it can only be a 1992 Professional (made in Japan only) model.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Right, sorry, I meant to add that.

(we need a "d'oh!" smilie)

Comment

The early 90's Japaneese imports are very similar to the USA, if indeed that is what you have. The only difference will be that it will say professional on the headstock instead of made in USA.

Comment

My Jackson knowledge comes to an end suddenly [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
                    It says "professional" on the headstock, not "made in USA", I thougt this was because it was an old model. And because it`s a neck-thru and a brilliant guitar, I assumed it was the US model. After all, this just means that I have to get me a real USA Rhoads.
                    Thank`s for the help guys, finally I know, and finally I`m back on earth after 5 years in heaven [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

And yes, it also says Rhoads pro on the headstock. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X