Daffy and Bugs Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daffy and Bugs Rhoads

I was just in Shanghai china and I stopped by the Hard Rock. Overall, the Hard Rock was pretty worthless, but they had a nice Rhoads with a Daffy and bugs graphic on it. I snapped a couple of shots so if you all want to see them let me know. I can send them to anyone that can post them.

Re: Daffy and Bugs Rhoads

Post them yourself.
    www.photobucket.com

If I can use it, anyone can.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
      If I can use it, anyone can.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Andy, you have no idea how tempting this is to jump on, but I will refrain [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hopefully this works...

Some details...the first fret inlay is missing and the neck is shaved down. Plus the knob is missing.

I am not sure if this is a celebrity owned fiddle or just something they decided to throw on the wall.

Regardless I thought it was cool and Daffy is saying some harsh stuff for a Hard Rock.

Enjoy...
        Daffy Rhoads 1

Daffy Rhoads 2

Comment

Interesting...thanx for the pics...

Comment

that looks like something that Dan Spitz would have played. for all those who might have forgot him , he was in Anthrax

Comment

I thought that too, but I don't remember ever seeing him with that one.

Comment

I was just in Shanghai china and I stopped by the Hard Rock.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are they still trying to sell a Men's XL shirt that is not big enough for a 14 year old American girl? Good marketing, let's make the shirts in sizes for the citizens of China, NOT the tourists who may actually buy one, DUH. Everywhere we went my bass player had to arm wrestle people (two or three on one) since he is 6'4" and 300+ lbs, he was Godzilla.

Comment

I didn't buy a shirt so I am not sure if they are Chinese size.

However, while visiting the Temple of Heaven I had 3 Japanese girls ask to take pictures with me. Then at the Forbidden City a lady asked if I would take a picture with her daughter who was about 9. It was pretty funny.

Comment

Why is Daffy holding drum sticks? Maybe it belonged to Charlie Benante?You never know since he did play guitar on the albums to

Comment

It does look really like a Spitz guitar.
                      I have an 'Among the Living' tour program from 1987 and he has a load of downsized RRVs with maple boards w/reverse fins, 1 EMG, Floyd, coloured headstock binding and logo, matching pin stripes and three small graphics (like the TMNT Rhoads). Most seem to have one pic under the strings in front of the pickup, and one on each wing. I have seen one with 2 hums though. Mind you, the pics are usually of marvel characters.
                      One bit of trivia that seems to escape common knowledge - he had two turtles RRVs (and a soloist), and from what I can tell they were identical....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I just noticed - Daffy's shirt has the Shield logo that Anthrax used around the time (like the cover of the 'I am the Law' single), so I guess it must be one of Spitz guitars (or Scotts, but I doubt that). Following the studio fire, it might be the only one left....
                        Cheers
                        Ian
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                        X