No announcement yet.

Is the 'Smoking Skeleton" graphic rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the 'Smoking Skeleton" graphic rare?

Anyone know how rare or common the Smoking Skeleton graphic is? I seem to remember old threads on the forum talking about this graphic. Guitar is 1990 USA 6-digit serial number bolt-on fusion.

Re: Is the \'Smoking Skeleton" graphic rare?

I believe the graphic is called Don't Smoke.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That Rocks! Wanna trade?
      [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Seriously that is kick ass man and yes, I also think it was called no smoking or don't smoke.

Very Cool!!

Mike

Comment

I've got one of those, a DK1 "Don't Smoke" It's definitely a sweet axe. And to my knowledge, there aren't too many around. I've seen 3 in recent years and the above is one of them.

Thanx again to Matt from OSG for the hook up!

Pat

Comment

Ah yes, "Don't Smoke"...yeah that's it, thanks for all your help!

I was turned on to this today by a friend that only likes Fender Strats, but when he's hunting the pawn shops he always grabs the Jacksons/Charvels figuring I'll take it off him. I almost walked away from this at first, then I remembered thinking that the graphic was relatively rare, and then realized with the abalone logo, binding on the neck, the body cut at the lower horn and the switch between the pots it was a short-scale Fusion...so had to have as I've been looking for a Fusion! (and the price was very very good!).

Just finished cleaning it up, changing strings, and putting the right tone knob on, fresh battery (the dead old one said use before 1990!). The neck is awesome: thin, comfortable, low action, practically plays itself. Even though it's a 1990, it has that late '80s Jackson feel/vibe.

Comment

wow man, congrats on the score!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            love the graphic...I usually think older graphics are pretty lame compared to today's standard...but that one smokes!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (get it??)

I wish I could just pull off pawnshop tricks like that here in Norway...over here you're hard-pressed to find regular imports at the retailers!!

- Rune.

Comment

I have a 90 "Don't Smoke" Soloist.
              The late 80s/early 90s neck profile is my fave.
              Do me a favor and pull the trem cavity plate and see if a name (The artists?) is stamped in it.
              From the looks of it, I would say different artist.(Scott Zimmerman here)
              Oh ya. Cool axe. They don't pop up very often.

Comment

I've got an early 90s Fusion with the Don't Smoke graphic as well. Large pic.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Guess I'll have to bust out a pic of mine as well... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mine's a bit different from all of those.

Pat

Comment

Hey Pulverizer, that's a cool wall-mount ya got setup there; what's holding the axe in place? I can't really tell what is holding it up, in that pic. Pretty cool! I am thinking about doing wall mounts too, cause it would look sharp and give me some more room where my amp and axes are...( I own 2 USA DK1's and 2 imports, a DK2S and a DK2-BOF) Nice axes, y'all, to those who posted their 'Don't Smoke' Jackson graphic pics.. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] pics

Comment

That graphic looks a lot nicer on a Rhoads: [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by KarmicApexIntellect:
                        Hey Pulverizer, that's a cool wall-mount ya got setup there; what's holding the axe in place? I can't really tell what is holding it up, in that pic. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] pics
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gravity is holding the guitar in place. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        It's sitting on a coffee table and the table isn't mine.
                        1 of these days, I'll have to shoot some new pics so I don't have to post this 1.
                        Everyone like that damn table................. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Is the \'Smoking Skeleton&quot; graphic rare?

Pulverizer, I looked in the trem cavity, and mine doesn't have a signiture, just the initials "MJ" in marks-a-lot.

Charvel750, graphic looks cool on the Randy...but you gotta do something about his yellow teeth [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats a great grpahic. I've never seen that before. Anyone selling one of those. I wouldn't mind having one of them, especially that Rhoads..

Nothing but Fish

Comment

Hey Joe, thanks alot for posting that pic of my old Rhoads. You've just sent me back into seller's regret mode again! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hope you are digging it!

Comment

Working...
                              X