what do you guys think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think

I'm considering changing all my hardware on my trans blue sl2h from chrome to black. Either way would look great, but maybe i need someone to tell me to not bother.
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: what do you guys think

I would change it to gold. In my opinion gold hardware looks best on trans blue [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

that wasn't one of the options!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

but it was worth the try [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Black Hardware makes any Guitar look Cool!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Aaaaaaay! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert:
            I'm considering changing all my hardware on my trans blue sl2h from chrome to black. Either way would look great, but maybe i need someone to tell me to not bother.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I also have a TB SL2H and was thinking about doing this. I would encourage you to do it, if only to satisfy my curiosity. POst pics of course. Before & after.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Are there any black chrome pup rings that will fit? or just black plastic? screw the plastic ones.
              www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Yes

Comment

Great, thanks man.
                  www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Gee, those black metal rings look an awful lot like the black plastic ones [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or is it a cost issue - you know, "I paid MORE for these black METAL rings than I would for those plastic rings, and they enhance the tone" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I vote gold, lol, sorry

Comment

Actually newc, id rather have metal ones for a few reasons. They dont flex, ive had pup many plastic pup rings crack before. Ive also had plastic pup rings cause vibration noise. I dont mind spending 12 bucks on a metal pup ring i wont have to replace.
                        www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

The black metal rings do have a nice shine to them that the plastics don't, pretty slick lookin [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i vote for gold too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

black hardware...gold is not death metal...gilbert, you're death metal. you know the right choice! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X